Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:04:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Acquire Lynn Bowden from Raiders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Acquire Lynn Bowden from Raiders  (Read 861 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: September 05, 2020, 06:20:34 pm »

Got Bowden and a 6th rounder in exchange for a 4th rounder. VERY odd move by the Raiders as they just drafted him in the 3rd round with the 80th overall pick and Gruden himself said he was a project.

The kid is a Swiss Army player. He played the last 8 games of the season as a QB, but the Raiders drafted him as a RB and the Dolphins called him a WR during the trade. I think this is a solid move for us, he can do lots of stuff all over the field in different packages, but he probably won't make the Pro Bowl for any one position. For the price, good deal.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 12:30:30 pm »

I liked Bowden coming out of college.  But his skill set seems somewhat redundant to that of Perry.  So I'm a little surprised that they traded for him.  Also weird that the Raiders would trade a 3rd round draft pick before he played a single game snap.  Hopefully he just wasn't a fit for the Raiders system and that it wasn't a conditioning or attitude issue.  Looking forward to seeing what the Dolphins use him for.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 07:00:35 pm »

I liked Bowden coming out of college.  But his skill set seems somewhat redundant to that of Perry.  So I'm a little surprised that they traded for him.  Also weird that the Raiders would trade a 3rd round draft pick before he played a single game snap.  Hopefully he just wasn't a fit for the Raiders system and that it wasn't a conditioning or attitude issue.  Looking forward to seeing what the Dolphins use him for.

The article said that Lynn wasn't fast in camp but he never was fast for the NFL, that isn't part of his skill set. The Raiders make bizarre moves so this could really be a steal.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 08:50:46 pm »

The article said that Lynn wasn't fast in camp but he never was fast for the NFL, that isn't part of his skill set. The Raiders make bizarre moves so this could really be a steal.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the Dolphins plan to use him.  I always take these types of articles with a grain of salt, but Vic Tafur at "The Athletic" was quoted as saying that Bowden was "more interested in picking up cars than the playbook" at Las Vegas.  Again, I try not to put too much into statements like that from just one person, but I suppose it was noteworthy anyway.  It is a fact however that in June, he was handcuffed, but not arrested, when the DEA raided his grandmother's house in Ohio.  Supposedly he was only visiting at the time.  Again, he wasn't arrested, but it is usually not a great sign if your grandmother's house gets raided by the DEA and a bunch of guns get confiscated while you are there hanging out there.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 08:59:33 pm by Dolphster » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 09:06:00 pm »

Well then, the Raiders cutting bait seems to make a lot more sense now. He appears to be living his life like a Top 5 draft pick instead of the 80th. Maybe being traded for pennies will smarten him up.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 01:51:40 pm »

Well then, the Raiders cutting bait seems to make a lot more sense now. He appears to be living his life like a Top 5 draft pick instead of the 80th. Maybe being traded for pennies will smarten him up.

I do think he has a lot of talent.  Hopefully you are right and this will be a wake up call for him. 
Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 12:29:08 pm »

...personally I wasn't too excited getting Lynn Bowden. I don't think we needed him. I was looking forward more to seeing what Malcolm Perry was gonna do, and a guy like Isaiah Ford finally making the 53. Plus we have plenty of guys that fit his skill set and what we're planning on using him for. Starting with Grant, Ford, Perry, Gaskin, Laird, of course Breida. With DeVante Parker already having health issues and Preston Williams coming off major injury, it would make more sense adding a bigger receiver for depth purposes if one of them were to miss some time. Of course im gonna e happy and totally change my mind once he turns into "Albert Wilson of couple of years ago" but overall I just think we had too many of the same type of players already....
....The only thing that makes this trade better is the fact that we traded a LB R. McMillan and a 5th rd. for a 4th rd. pick, who was obviously an odd man out and even if he made the team I doubt Miami would bring him back for next season. So at least they got something for him, sort of, by swapping picks, but the 4th rd we got was used in Bowden trade, so we just gave them back their own pick. All in all, Miami traded R.McMillan & 5th rd. pick FOR Lynn Bowden & 6th rd. pick. Depending how he's gonna fit into this offense, overall thats DEF a WIN-WIN for the Dolphins. McMillan was in the last year of his contract, maybe he wouldn't even make the team and instead they get a very versatile player and a former 3rd rd. pick from this year!
Its pretty much a simple McMillan for Bowden trade, except we got ourselves a young swiss army knife with plenty of time to develop into whatever plan Miami has for him.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 10:23:06 am »

I didn't realize till just now that the pick they gave up was the one they got in the McMillan trade. Sounds like that was all part of the plan so apparently they were talking with the Raiders about Bowden even before they decided to give up McMillan.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray