Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:15:10 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Texans Draft Pick Watch
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Texans Draft Pick Watch  (Read 18474 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: September 11, 2020, 07:14:37 am »

0-1

Texans got killed by the Chiefs and only made it seem close with garbage time TDs. It appears that Hopkins was sorely missed. Hopefully, this is a running theme for the season.

We are now on pace for the #1 pick in the draft!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 08:43:17 am »

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the game.  I'd love to see the Texans have a terrible season so the Fins get a better draft pick from last year's trade, but the Chiefs can make anyone look bad, so I'm trying to keep my enthusiasm in check. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 09:18:41 am »

It's hard to take anything too serious in week one and I'd expect this year to be worse than most seeing a how the off season went. It is nice to see them start with a loss though. Each one that they get is better for us.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 09:33:41 am »

It's hard to take anything too serious in week one and I'd expect this year to be worse than most seeing a how the off season went. It is nice to see them start with a loss though. Each one that they get is better for us.

I genuinely think they will go 6-10. They got a lot of close wins last season and they lost their star wideout because the coach didn't want to pay him, not even attitude problems. I think they are a worse team from last season and with really no future due to no draft picks, I think the team implodes late in the year.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 09:35:35 am »

I hate to be the wet blanket here, but it is just one game, and even without Hopkins, I fully expect Houston to be in the playoffs this year.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 10:40:49 am »

That kid from LSU, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, is gonna be special in this league.  He balled out last night.  After watching his performance last year against Bama, I knew he was the real deal but I figured he'd go third or low second round because of his size.  The Chiefs picked him at the bottom of the first round and he proved to be deserving of it.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 07:31:27 pm »

0-2

Got beat up by the Ravens today and next week they are at Pittsburgh, so it won't be an easy one either. The team is built to win right now because they have no draft picks and the players know this. They also know the coach is an asshole who will actively make his team worse if he doesn't like a player. So, they start off 1-5 and the Titans are say 5-1, then things can get very ugly very quickly.

Looking good for Miami.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 09:53:49 am »

0-2

Got beat up by the Ravens today and next week they are at Pittsburgh, so it won't be an easy one either. The team is built to win right now because they have no draft picks and the players know this. They also know the coach is an asshole who will actively make his team worse if he doesn't like a player. So, they start off 1-5 and the Titans are say 5-1, then things can get very ugly very quickly.

Looking good for Miami.

If by any chance, you guys end up with a top 2 pick either by your team's performance or Houston's, then that will be a huge huge deal.  Because you guys aren't needing a QB and can trade down to a team who is hoping to get Lawrence or Fields.  That will net you a slew of draft picks. 

Each week Houston loses makes that look more and more likely.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 10:07:19 am »

If by any chance, you guys end up with a top 2 pick either by your team's performance or Houston's, then that will be a huge huge deal.  Because you guys aren't needing a QB and can trade down to a team who is hoping to get Lawrence or Fields.  That will net you a slew of draft picks. 

Each week Houston loses makes that look more and more likely.

I don't think either team will be in a position for that, but you never know. Some years a 5-11 record can get you a Top 3 pick.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 10:10:18 am »

I don't think either team will be in a position for that, but you never know. Some years a 5-11 record can get you a Top 3 pick.

I was thinking the same thing...no chance of either pick landing in the top-2.

It would be nice though...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 04:18:36 pm »

Houston has a brutal start to their schedule.  It will be very interesting to see how the season plays out for both the Fins and the Texans.  Miami clearly isn't playoff caliber yet so I wouldn't mind it at all if both Miami and the Texans end up with records that give Miami two top half of the first round picks. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 05:15:05 pm »

0-3

They played well against a solid Steelers team and lost by 7 points. Probably their best game played so far but they are still 0-3 now while the Titans are 3-0. Plenty of football left, but it looks like if they make the playoffs, it will have to be as a Wild Card.

Next week is against the Vikings and they are also 0-3, so whoever loses that game is missing the playoffs. If the Texans go 0-4, then I don't think they are even going to rebound to be 6-10. There is no help coming in terms of the draft and their cap situation. They will almost certainly have to cut JJ Watt or do a big restructuring. Management loves Bill O'Brien so no midseason firings will be coming.

This is glorious for us. I'm starting to get greedy like we were last year with the Steelers and thinking we would get a Top 10 pick. Not there yet, but it's looking good.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 01:03:23 pm »

I completely forgot that we got the Texans 1st AND 2nd Round picks in the 2021 draft. Draft watching makes the season more exciting, we should do this every year.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 01:39:04 pm »

^^^ Vegas odds for draft order at Fanspeak has Miami with the #7 overall and Houston with the #10 overall.

~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2020, 01:41:14 pm »

^^^ Vegas odds for draft order at Fanspeak has Miami with the #7 overall and Houston with the #10 overall.

The draft is different from year to year, you can have 5 wins and pick 7th or get the #1 pick. If Houston loses next week, I would put a few bucks down on Miami finishing with a better record than them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray