Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:47:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Texans Draft Pick Watch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print
Author Topic: Texans Draft Pick Watch  (Read 18561 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2020, 09:37:28 pm »

How does the tiebreaker work for draft picks if teams have the same record?

Strength of Schedule. The tougher it is, the lower your pick. Texans SOS is something like .545 while the others are below that, so they pick 8th instead of 5th. Assuming they win one more game against the Bengals, I think the worst they can fall is to 13th but in the end it should be in the Top 10.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2020, 03:59:12 pm »

4-10

Texans lose a close one to the Colts. At this point, for the playoffs sake I would've preferred the opposite result. Either way, Deshaun Watson is great and is doing everything he can with Division 2 talent to make the games competitive. With the Cowboys winning, we are picking 6th at the moment but they get the Bengals next and I would be very surprised if they don't win that game, so we should be picking around 10th heading into Week 17 when they face the Titans who will be playing for the division and/or a playoff spot.

If they go 5-11, we have to be happy with it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2020, 03:25:02 pm »

Tomorrow is a huge game for our draft pick status. It's unlikely that Cincy wins, even though they stomped the Steelers last week, but if they do they will leapfrog Houston in the draft order. Cincy has been locked into that #3 pick for awhile now. If they win and the Texans very likely lose to the Titans in Week 17, then we can have a Top 4 pick. Lose and we can go all the way down to 12. I am prepared for a win and picking around 10th but I can allow myself one last hope in what has turned out to be a great season for us all around.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2020, 04:33:01 pm »

Tomorrow is a huge game for our draft pick status. It's unlikely that Cincy wins, even though they stomped the Steelers last week, but if they do they will leapfrog Houston in the draft order. Cincy has been locked into that #3 pick for awhile now. If they win and the Texans very likely lose to the Titans in Week 17, then we can have a Top 4 pick. Lose and we can go all the way down to 12. I am prepared for a win and picking around 10th but I can allow myself one last hope in what has turned out to be a great season for us all around.

Cincy has actually looked better without Joe Burrow under center. 
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2020, 03:48:15 pm »

And the Bengals are just about ready to hand the Texans a loss and give the Dolphins a better draft pick from Houston. 
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2020, 04:02:55 pm »

Cincy has actually looked better without Joe Burrow under center.  

Wink

Looks like the 1 and 2 picks are locked in but if the Texans lose next week (and they probably will because they face the Titans), the Dolphins could find themselves looking at a #3 or #4 pick. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2020, 04:05:29 pm »

4-11

WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!! WHO DEY?HuhHuh?

We were all pessimistic about this game until the Bengals steamrolled the Steelers and offered a glimmer of hope. They came back at the last second to win it. Assuming that the Texans don't win next week, we will pick between 3-5. Currently, as soon as the Panthers lose, it will be 5th due to SOS but it's close. I have no idea how to monitor it but the opponents of the Falcons and Panthers have to win next week while the ones for the Texans lose and we can pick 3rd.

We are all diehard Titans fans next week.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2020, 04:09:16 pm »

4-11

WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!! WHO DEY?HuhHuh?

We were all pessimistic about this game until the Bengals steamrolled the Steelers and offered a glimmer of hope. They came back at the last second to win it. Assuming that the Texans don't win next week, we will pick between 3-5. Currently, as soon as the Panthers lose, it will be 5th due to SOS but it's close. I have no idea how to monitor it but the opponents of the Falcons and Panthers have to win next week while the ones for the Texans lose and we can pick 3rd.

We are all diehard Titans fans next week.

That’s easy because I made Tennessee my backup team since Tanny got the start.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2020, 05:11:07 pm »

FWIW, there is talk that the Texans may just sit Watson for next week because he got hurt on the last drive of the game today and they have absolutely nothing to play for against a team that is far better than they are.

They will probably lose to the Titans next week no matter what, but I would worry a lot less if Watson sits.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2020, 06:07:08 pm »

Carolina is up 20-6 over the Redskins at the start of the 4th quarter. If they win and the Texans lose next week, we can pick no higher than 4th and as low as 3rd. We need a talent like Chase but maybe we can acquire a few more draft picks by dropping down 2-3 spots and can still get him.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2020, 06:50:48 pm »

"We're professional athletes getting paid a whole lot of money," Watt said. "If you can't come in and put work in in the building, go out to the practice field and work hard, do your lifts and do what you're supposed to do, you should not be here. This is a job. We are getting paid a whole lot of money.

"There are a lot of people that watch us and invest their time and their money into buying our jerseys and buying a whole bunch of s---, and they care about it. They care every single week. We're in Week 16 and we're 4-11, and there's fans that watch this game, that show up to the stadium that put in time and energy and effort and care about this. So if you can't go out there and you can't work out, you can't show up on time, you can't practice, you can't want to go out there and win, you shouldn't be here. Because this is a privilege. It's the greatest job in the world. You get to go out and play a game. And if you can't care enough, even in Week 17, even when you're trash, when you're 4-11. If you can't care enough to go out there and give everything you've got and try your hardest, that's bulls---.

"There are people every week that still tweet you, that still come up to you and say, 'Hey, we're still rooting for you; we're still behind you.' They have no reason whatsoever to. We stink. But they care and they still want to win and they still want you to be great. That's why. Those people aren't getting paid. We're getting paid handsomely. That's why. And that's ... that's who I feel the most bad for, is our fans and the people who care so deeply and the city and the people who love it and who truly want it to be great. And it's not. And that sucks as a player to know that we're not giving them what they deserve." - JJ Watt

Love this guy. Great teammate and overall good guy. Plus, perhaps the best athlete performance in SNL History. If the Texans cut him in the offseason for financial reasons, I would love to pick him up for a Superbowl run. We are that team now that can get veterans with one last good year in them hoping to chase a ring.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2020, 08:24:19 am »

Per ESPN, the Dolphins now have the #3 pick. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2020, 08:44:37 am »

Yes, based on SOS tiebreaker. I don't know who we want to win to ensure that pick but I'm already having mock trades done on who to sell it too for extra picks. Ideal scenario, trade down to the Bengals at #5 so they can take that stud O-Lineman and we still will be able to draft Chase.

Maybe some QB comes up huge during the pre-draft process and teams offer us a haul for the pick. Lots of options at 3.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2021, 05:11:41 pm »

10-3 Titans right now. If they win, we get the 3rd overall pick which is insane to imagine. If they lose, then I think we pick 8th or 9th. Still good but this Sunday has sucked enough, give us the 3.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2021, 05:15:51 pm »

I’d be more stoked to get the third pick than if we went to the playoffs just to get blown out again

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray