Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:46:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Texans Draft Pick Watch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Texans Draft Pick Watch  (Read 18295 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2020, 12:30:31 am »

That Rams defense was all world as well.  With Suh and Donald wreaking havoc up front and Joyner, Peters, and Talib patroling the secondary, they could've stopped about anyone. 
The 2018 Patriots had the #4 offense and the #7 defense.
The 2018 Rams had the #2 offense and the #20 defense.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2020, 12:53:33 am »

The 2018 Patriots had the #4 offense and the #7 defense.
The 2018 Rams had the #2 offense and the #20 defense.

I do not like statements like these.  They are very misleading.

You actually have to watch the games and how they played out.

The best example of how this is misleading is the 2006 Patriots.

You could say, "Man, Brady was so awesome that year.  He took that team to the AFC title game with a shitty receiving corps.  He only had Gaffney and Caldwell (RIP)."

However, the truth of the matter is, the Patriots reached that AFC title game IN SPITE OF BRADY.  He played horrible in the Divisional playoff game against SD, but the Chargers were determined to lose that game, and did everything they could to make sure they did.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2020, 01:34:18 am »

I don't categorize a team's entire season by the performance of one player in one game.
That would be "misleading."

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2020, 07:37:52 am »

I would say that with a lesser head coach, NE doesn't hold the #2 offense in the league to 3 points in the Super Bowl.

The 13 points Brady put up on offense was an extremely humble performance.
And I'd say that was all Flores, and he did the same exact thing to them this year.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2020, 08:56:08 am »

You actually have to watch the games and how they played out.

This coming from the guy who offers up his "expert analysis" after every Dolphin game even though he doesn't watch any of them.  The  unintentional hilarity that you bring to the board is chock full of greatness. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2020, 09:08:45 am »

This coming from the guy who offers up his "expert analysis" after every Dolphin game even though he doesn't watch any of them.  The  unintentional hilarity that you bring to the board is chock full of greatness. 
I'm convinced he's just a troll, he's had us all going for years now.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2020, 10:33:34 am »

I'm convinced he's just a troll, he's had us all going for years now.

Ha, I've said the same thing for years.  Nobody can be that dumb. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2020, 11:16:19 am »

Ha, I've said the same thing for years.  Nobody can be that dumb. 

So...first time dealing with human beings?   Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2020, 02:10:45 pm »

So...first time dealing with human beings?   Wink

Touche'.   Having spent most of my career working for Uncle Sam, I should be immune to "dumb" by now. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2020, 03:07:03 pm »

Enough with the personal attacks, please.  If you disagree with a statement, say so and/or explain why.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2020, 03:08:17 pm »

And I'd say that was all Flores, and he did the same exact thing to them this year.
You can't possibly believe that Flores was the power behind the throne in New England.  Come on.

edit: LAR isn't a top 2 offense this year, and the 17 points Flores's team allowed would not have been enough to win that SB.  It's not even close to "the same exact thing."
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 03:28:43 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2020, 03:18:24 pm »

Enough with the personal attacks, please.  If you disagree with a statement, say so and/or explain why.

+1

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2020, 03:55:19 pm »

You can't possibly believe that Flores was the power behind the throne in New England.  Come on.

edit: LAR isn't a top 2 offense this year, and the 17 points Flores's team allowed would not have been enough to win that SB.  It's not even close to "the same exact thing."
That year yes, he was why they were able to shut down the Rams.  Nice way to twists my words though, seem to be your M.O.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2020, 04:24:01 pm »

So you think that while Belichick repeatedly shut down Warner's Rams, Peyton's Colts, Rivers's Chargers, Luck's Colts, etc over the past two decades, it was Flores who orchestrated that Super Bowl defense, not Belichick?  That the LAR@MIA game proves that it was Belichick using Flores's gameplan in 2018, not Flores using Belichick's gameplan in 2020?  That's crazy.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2020, 07:51:12 pm »

Weird how a Texans draft pick thread can turn into a why the Patriots were good thread.  LOL ... The Texans are currently 9th and will fall lower with future wins over Detroit and Cincinnati. As wel ... they could add another lucky win.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray