Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:40:50 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins will remain in the locker room during the National Anthem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins will remain in the locker room during the National Anthem  (Read 2337 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: September 11, 2020, 11:58:25 am »

I'm rather surprised that no one here has brought this up yet. I respect the decision, seems like it was discussed at length and a decision made that everyone could buy into. That's the best way to handle it rather then having the owner or even coach decide what they'll do.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-coach-brian-flores-discusses-viral-video?utm_source=reddit.com

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 03:31:58 pm »

Smart move.  If KC is any indication, the few fans willing to attend a game during a global pandemic are primed and ready to boo even the most inoffensive and milquetoast displays of unity.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 03:39:47 pm »

I'm grateful to live in a country where they have the freedom to choose to stay in the locker room.  As long as nobody is breaking the law, they have the right to do whatever they want, whether I like what they are doing or not. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 03:57:31 pm »

Smart move.  If KC is any indication, the few fans willing to attend a game during a global pandemic are primed and ready to boo even the most inoffensive and milquetoast displays of unity.

What happened in KC proved it was never about the flag, but about actively supporting racism and police brutality.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 03:59:25 pm »

What happened in KC proved it was never about the flag, but about actively supporting racism and police brutality.

Roll Eyes
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 05:47:56 pm »

LOLOLOLOL
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 06:07:22 pm »

LOLOLOLOL

How is it funny?  No kneeling, no disrespecting the flag.  They booed unity.  In a mostly empty stadium you could hear booing opposing unity.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 06:47:22 pm »

How is it funny?  No kneeling, no disrespecting the flag.  They booed unity.  In a mostly empty stadium you could hear booing opposing unity.

Oh I didn't find the show of unity funny.  i found your comment funny.  For the usual reasons. 
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 04:51:47 pm »

I find it funny Many of you all still make this about Disrespecting Military...As a member of the Army. Many of you all think we see this as disrespect. But we dont. As a black male, i find it funny that this is still an issue 4 yrs later when it has never been about the Flag/Military.. Ya America is sure listening. White America has found many ways to keep twisting the message

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 09:02:08 pm »

No it has nothing to do with the military, it has to do with the symbol of our country, the American Flag. Maybe you should look up how you pay respects to the flag when it's presented.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 11:54:43 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 09:25:56 pm »

No hit has nothing to do with the military, it has to do with the symbol of country, the American Flag. Maybe you should look up how you pay respects to the flag when it's presented.
  This😁☝️

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2020, 09:45:16 pm »

I find it funny Many of you all still make this about Disrespecting Military...As a member of the Army. Many of you all think we see this as disrespect. But we dont. As a black male, i find it funny that this is still an issue 4 yrs later when it has never been about the Flag/Military.. Ya America is sure listening. White America has found many ways to keep twisting the message

As a veteran myself, I salute you for your service.  And you have most definitely earned the right to your opinion.  I find it nauseating that there is any racism at all in the year 2020.  There is no excuse for a society that has evolved in so many ways, still has racism in it.  However, I disagree if you are saying that "we" meaning the Army do not see this as disrespecting the military.  If I am misunderstanding your comment, I apologize for that.  But of the 75 or so military members and veterans that I still associate with, the vast majority of them do see staying in the locker room as disrespecting the military.  As you know from your own experience, loyalty to the flag and the country are a big part of military service.  Some of it is hokey, sure.  But at its core, most military members are very protective of the flag and what it stands for as well as the national anthem and what it stands for.  I'm intending for my comments to come across with respect to you as both a military brother and as a black man who I'm sure has seen your share of racism in your life.  I"m just respectfully disagreeing if your inference is that the military as a whole does not see staying in the locker room as disrespectful to the military.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2020, 06:21:12 pm »

As a veteran myself, I salute you for your service.  And you have most definitely earned the right to your opinion.  I find it nauseating that there is any racism at all in the year 2020.  There is no excuse for a society that has evolved in so many ways, still has racism in it.  However, I disagree if you are saying that "we" meaning the Army do not see this as disrespecting the military.  If I am misunderstanding your comment, I apologize for that.  But of the 75 or so military members and veterans that I still associate with, the vast majority of them do see staying in the locker room as disrespecting the military.  As you know from your own experience, loyalty to the flag and the country are a big part of military service.  Some of it is hokey, sure.  But at its core, most military members are very protective of the flag and what it stands for as well as the national anthem and what it stands for.  I'm intending for my comments to come across with respect to you as both a military brother and as a black man who I'm sure has seen your share of racism in your life.  I"m just respectfully disagreeing if your inference is that the military as a whole does not see staying in the locker room as disrespectful to the military.

Let me make sure I understand you and your buddies opinion on respecting the military....

You can accept having a commander in chief that disrespects gold star families....

You can accept having a commander in chief that disrespects POWs, “I prefer people who weren’t caught”...

You can accept having a commander in chief that refer to those who died in battle as “losers”...

You can accept a commander and chief that does nothing when he gets a report that Russia in paying a bounty on soldiers...

BUT football players waiting in the locker room to protest police brutality and racism is unacceptable.

Is that your position?

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2020, 07:08:38 pm »

Let me make sure I understand you and your buddies opinion on respecting the military....

You can accept having a commander in chief that disrespects gold star families....

You can accept having a commander in chief that disrespects POWs, “I prefer people who weren’t caught”...

You can accept having a commander in chief that refer to those who died in battle as “losers”...

You can accept a commander and chief that does nothing when he gets a report that Russia in paying a bounty on soldiers...

BUT football players waiting in the locker room to protest police brutality and racism is unacceptable.

Is that your position?
Half of your assumptions are false in case you really care.  

As someone who hates to see any protest I can tell you I do see it as a disrespect to every soldier who died for that flag. As far as any other protest I'd say people are probably like me and just sick of the protesting. The US isn't nearly as bad as it has been painted. The average black person isn't afraid of white people.  I want to watch sports, movies, or any other entertainment and not be reminded of the fact the world sucks. I already get that for more hours than I care to in a week.

with that said ... staying in the locker room is one of the least offensive protests I can think of.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 07:13:51 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 08:09:07 pm »

Is that your position?

I know that you aren't interested in truth or my "position".  Only in antagonizing.  I've seen your game enough years here to know your game.  After all, your initial entry on this site years ago was solely for the purpose of being a Patriots troll trying to irritate Dolphins fans.  So even though you have evolved somewhat over the years, at the core you are really still just a troll.   But what the hell, I'm bored enough to respond.  You made 5 statements about Trump to me.  Yet my post didn't mention Trump once.  I said nothing about Trump and he has nothing to do with anything that I was talking about.  I know you think that everyone fits into neat little categories that you have invented.  "Everyone who isn't a liberal loves Trump." "Every cop loves to beat innocent people for no reason."  "Everyone who respects the flag is a racist."  I don't like Trump as a person at all.  He is an arrogant, pompous ass.  I like some of the things he has done as president, I dislike other things he has done as president.  I certainly don't like the way that he speaks and conducts himself.  But again, not sure why you went on a Trump tirade when my post never mentioned him once.  I also never said that I find it "unacceptable" (your word) for players to wait in the locker room.  I love the fact that we live in a country where they have the freedom to do that.  Do I like it?  Nope.  Do I agree with it?  Nope.  But you see, some of us (not including you) are mature enough that we can disagree with what other people do and still defend their right to do it.   And oh, by the way, my comments were to DZA, not you.  And even though I disagree with him, I have about a million more times the respect for him that I have for you.   See, that is another thing that mature people do. We can disagree with someone and still respect them and their opinions.  

I'm also still waiting for you to apologize to everyone for that video you posted a while back that you said was "proof" that the police were unloading bricks on the street to set up the rioters to throw them.  Only for me to respond with the real truth where NBC said that they verified that the police were actually unloading the bricks at the police station that they had taken OFF the street to keep people from throwing them.   But that isn't your style, is it Hoodie.  When you are proven wrong, you even lack the class to utter a simple, "my bad".  You completely ignored my response with the truth about that story.  Because that is what trolls do.  They try to incite others by completely ignoring what the other people actually say and make up things and leap  to erroneous conclusions.  "Oh, Dolphster said he doesn't agree with players staying in the locker room during the anthem.  So, how long have you been a Trump loving Nazi, Dolphster?"   There are plenty of people here who still fall for your game.  I recommend you stick to antagonizing them.  They are much more likely to fall for your routine than I am.  Troll on, my friend, troll on.   Oh, and I will leave you with one more bit of material to work with.  I haven't decided yet, but I probably won't be voting for Trump OR Biden in the election.  I'm currently leaning towards Jo Jorgensen the Libertarian candidate.  

I encourage everyone reading this to go back and read my reply to DZA and how I mentioned multiple times that I respected his opinion even if I disagreed with it.  In fact, we weren't even talking about staying in the locker room.  We were talking about whether most of the military feels the same way.  Then read Hoody's nonsensical vitriol that he spewed in response to me.  The comments that he made have absolutely nothing to do with anything in my post.  Just a troll doing what trolls do.   He has Trump Derangement Syndrome so bad that someone could post, "I like sunny days" and Hoody would respond, "You Trump loving bastard, why do you hate minorities?"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 03:30:28 am by Dolphster » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray