Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:25:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Week 1 2020: Dolphins vs Patriots, hopefully a new era
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Week 1 2020: Dolphins vs Patriots, hopefully a new era  (Read 3313 times)
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« on: September 11, 2020, 12:39:01 pm »

I am excited by game 1 of the NFL season - not just because I am on other side of the world and will actually see it this time, a frustrated, game starved glutton who has been hanging out to finally see his Dolphins play again (which I finally will after way, way too long - thanks for nothing Channel 7 Australia you useless pricks!).

I am also really looking forward to seeing some progression, some way up, some more solid positives to build on the pleasantly unexpected ones that came out of nowhere last season - I don't expect playoffs this year, but I expect at the very least to us to play hard and be in contention every game, and by the end of this year looking very, very good to the point where teams seriously dread coming to Florida as they will have their sorry asses handed back to them in a dodgy paper bag if they don't bring their very best.

Sorry if that seemed a drunken rant... because it was  Tongue
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 07:27:27 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 10:06:27 pm »

Usually the whole week leading up to the first game of the season  I’m bouncing off of the walls like a kid on Christmas Eve. But not this year. Probably because it’s been a weird year. Probably too because I’m watching a Lakers playoff game. Right now. In September. Football season. But yes, I’m hopeful that the Dolphins are that much closer to making me the happiest Dolphins fan in New England. They seem to be taking and making the right steps. For the first time in how long they appear to have some smart leadership and some direction. If they don’t make the playoffs, I’m expecting them to at least be closer to them than they have for quite a while. But if they’re only going to win two games this year, they had both better be against the patsies. Let’s gooooo Babyyyyy! Let’s Go!

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
DenverFinFan
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 02:15:18 pm »

Might wanna hold off on the excitement. Still looks like the team has a long ways to go.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 02:47:14 pm »

Remind me again how Tua is developing by watching Fitz throw interceptions?

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 02:58:07 pm »

Maybe Tua could play some defense too

Bibamus, moriendum est

DenverFinFan
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 03:02:41 pm »

Well some signs off life. That fumble keeps us in it.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 03:12:21 pm »

Defense time. Fitz redeemed himself with that 2pter
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 03:22:05 pm »

Really? Are we gonna have to listen to this all year long? Get over it already. If Tua is the saviour of the franchise it's not going to be this year. Give the kid a break to actually get his chance. It will happen soon enough.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 03:27:18 pm »

Damn defense. Well looks like NE isn’t going anywhere.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 03:27:40 pm »

Effin bums

Bibamus, moriendum est

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 03:34:51 pm »

Come on, Dave. You know more about football than to make that kind of statement.  That is a D4L kind of thing to say.  Not even done with the first game of the season yet. 
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2020, 03:45:31 pm »

I don’t get it. Down 10. Easily within field goal range. Save time on the clock. Kick the field goal. Someone tell me why coaches don’t coach that way.

Bibamus, moriendum est

DenverFinFan
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2020, 04:13:08 pm »

I don’t get it. Down 10. Easily within field goal range. Save time on the clock. Kick the field goal. Someone tell me why coaches don’t coach that way.

Yeah doesn’t make a lot of sense. You gotta score again anyway. You kick the FG, try the onside and you still might have enough left if you can get a stop for one play, and as we know that’s all you need.

Anyway I’m disappointed because it feels like the same old dolphins. Field goals instead of touchdowns, interceptions, bad run game, getting dominated upfront and getting no pressure, etc.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2020, 04:26:51 pm »

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t Tua on the injury report. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2020, 04:31:08 pm »

So, on the upside.  The new offensive line including two rookies played much better than expected.  Only gave up 1 sack.  Didn't open up a ton of holes for the running game, but as bad as the OL has been for years, I was pleasantly surprised.  Overall, the defense didn't play terribly either.  Baker was a beast.  The guy is a star in the making and true 3 down Linebacker.  Makes it very obvious as to why McMillan was expendable.

Not sure how the hell Gaskin gets double the carries of either Howard or Breida.  

I'm not delusional enough to think that the Dolphins are a playoff caliber team.  I'm simply looking for improvement over last year.  And from that aspect, I saw enough to give me hope today even if they did lose the game.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 04:34:08 pm by Dolphster » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray