Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:15:14 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Week 1 2020: Dolphins vs Patriots, hopefully a new era
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Week 1 2020: Dolphins vs Patriots, hopefully a new era  (Read 3365 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2020, 04:54:38 pm »

Can't wait to hear the excuses from the Defense in the upcoming interviews.  Van Noy did nothing all day that I saw.  Never set the edge.  Interior DL got eaten up, 217 yards they got punished for. Woof.

This OFF is gonna struggle early IMO, but I thought the young OL performed well, giving up only 1 sack.  The RB merry-go-ground confused me all day long. Gailey going with the hot hand?  I dunno.

Fitzpatrick falling back to earth in Year 2 with whatever team is he is on.  Still love him to mentor Tua BUT you can't have him continues games like this multiple INTs 6-7 games into the season. We'll be 1-2 wins if we're lucky.

Got to be better next week vs the Bills

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2020, 05:48:09 pm »

Really? Are we gonna have to listen to this all year long? Get over it already. If Tua is the saviour of the franchise it's not going to be this year. Give the kid a break to actually get his chance. It will happen soon enough.

Yeah, I think you're going to have to hear it all year if we're not going to have a competitive offense.

If the idea is playing Fitz is because he gives you a chance to win.  But if our offense scores TDs only in garbage time, what are we waiting for?  This idea that young people need to sit to develop is old-school and no longer applies.

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2020, 05:51:29 pm »

Come on, Dave. You know more about football than to make that kind of statement.  That is a D4L kind of thing to say.  Not even done with the first game of the season yet. 

It's just the same thing for 20 years.

The team can't score points.  Again.  You could tell from the first drive of the game.  3 meaningful point is disgraceful for NFL football.  Is nobody tired of this? 

Like, I can get behind playing the veteran if that players gives you an offense.  We don't have an offense.  Again.  So, I'm frustrated that our potential superstar rookie is wasting time watching and learning.  Learning what?  How not to score points?

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2020, 06:16:43 pm »

It's just the same thing for 20 years.

The team can't score points.  Again.  You could tell from the first drive of the game.  3 meaningful point is disgraceful for NFL football.  Is nobody tired of this? 

Like, I can get behind playing the veteran if that players gives you an offense.  We don't have an offense.  Again.  So, I'm frustrated that our potential superstar rookie is wasting time watching and learning.  Learning what?  How not to score points?

I get ya about the frustration of 20 years.  I really do.  We have all suffered with that.  The Patriots may not be the dynasty anymore, but they still play tough defense.  Fitz had a bad day.  But he'll have better days.  He carried this team on his shoulders last year.  I'm confident we'll see Tua before the year is over.  And it could be worse.  Watching the Saints/Bucs game right now, I'd take Fitz over Brady.  LOL   

Hang in there Dave.  The Dolphins are better than they were last year and the offense will have better games this year than they had today.  You have to keep in mind that they are playing 2 rookies on the OL and it is REALLY hard to be an offensive juggernaut with 40% of your OL being rookies.  I really like our rookie OL guys.  But it takes longer for an offensive lineman to adjust to the speed of the NFL game than it does a lot of other positions.  The OL is going to look ugly at times this year.  But in another  year or two the Fins are going to have an offensive line to be proud of.  Something we have not had in a very long time. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 07:08:59 pm »

Yeah, I think you're going to have to hear it all year if we're not going to have a competitive offense.

If the idea is playing Fitz is because he gives you a chance to win.  But if our offense scores TDs only in garbage time, what are we waiting for?  This idea that young people need to sit to develop is old-school and no longer applies.
We are still trying to WIN games aren't we? That was against the best defense in the NFL. The BEST. Not close really. Tua may have thrown 4 or 5. You really want that on your rookie QB? Don't answer that I'll answer it for you, NO YOU DON'T.

All anyone ever talks aobut is the offense. What about this defense? 11 guys at the line of scrimmage and STILL can't stop the run. What a joke. They were pushed around ALL game. Everything was so easy for Cam, looked like he was playing in a high school game. They were LUCKY they were in the game in the 4th quarter when NE turned the ball over and made it a game. This TEAM is a year away from being average. 2 from being good. Get used to it. Tua changes nothing.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 07:13:05 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 07:32:12 pm »

All anyone ever talks aobut is the offense. What about this defense?

What about it?  Giving up only 21 points, especially while your offense gives up three interceptions, doesn't seem super terrible.  That's a low score when compared to the rest of the league. 

That might be a bit simple way to look at it, but in this particular game, this was an offensive failure.  We couldn't scored and turned the ball over a lot.

Also, Pappy, I hear you about the Defense being shitty.  They definitely allowed themselves to get run on.  But in this game, it was the much MUCH lesser problem.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 07:44:29 pm »

What about it?  Giving up only 21 points, especially while your offense gives up three interceptions, doesn't seem super terrible.  That's a low score when compared to the rest of the league. 

That might be a bit simple way to look at it, but in this particular game, this was an offensive failure.  We couldn't scored and turned the ball over a lot.

Also, Pappy, I hear you about the Defense being shitty.  They definitely allowed themselves to get run on.  But in this game, it was the much MUCH lesser problem.
They were LUCKY that the TE dropped the ball going into the endzone for the 4th TD. And as far as the 3 INT's, it was only 2, the last one was pass interference against Gesicki that the refs didn't see. If they call that correctly Miami has a shot at being down by 3 with a little under 2 minutes to play. The offense and defense both played about how most people expected except for delusional Dolphins fans who still think this team is better then they are and think New England is not as good as they are.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 04:20:35 am »

They were LUCKY that the TE dropped the ball going into the endzone for the 4th TD. And as far as the 3 INT's, it was only 2, the last one was pass interference against Gesicki that the refs didn't see. If they call that correctly Miami has a shot at being down by 3 with a little under 2 minutes to play. The offense and defense both played about how most people expected except for delusional Dolphins fans who still think this team is better then they are and think New England is not as good as they are.

If you're not going to count that one, why count the first one where the receiver fell on his ass in the cut (looked like he was even helped a bit by the defender)? Certainly not one you can put on Fitz.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2020, 09:17:41 am »

I guess what really frustrates me about this game is you KNEW they gonna try to highlight Cam's ability and he would make it about himself.

All you had to do is go back to the 2017 game vs CAR and knew what Cam would do.  My boy and I were talking about this prior to the game and that Pats would try to do the same things. 

So, either the Def Coord/team as a whole didn't see this coming (I hope not) OR they knew it was coming and couldn't stop it

They punched that front line in the mouth.  Doesn't get any better this week vs the Bills cause they want to run the ball.  MIA WANTS to get there as well, but BUF will have Allen drop back for deep throws and then he'll take off running.  I would have a spy on him this Sunday.

Make it Baker, cause he will flat out hustle and level.  And by the way, I have no problem with PF's yesterday, He plays with passion, now he'll have to reign that in, but I like the fire
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 09:42:52 am by hordman » Logged

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2020, 10:18:46 am »

I think someone on Reddit said it best...just remember game 1 from last year and you'll feel a whole lot better about game 1 this year. Small steps.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2020, 10:54:28 am »

I mean, we lost by 10 against a really good defense and had some questionable at best calls against us.  Plus it's game one.  We'll see what the rest of the season has in store.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2020, 10:56:25 am »

I mean, we lost by 10 against a really good defense and had some questionable at best calls against us.  Plus it's game one.  We'll see what the rest of the season has in store.

I hear that, but I just can't be optimistic.

If this were isolated, fine.  But we've been not scoring points for a long time now and this looked exactly like more of the same to me.  It's even Chan Gailey again.  It's like we're in a time warp.

It just seems like we have a regressive style.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2020, 11:00:15 am »

Many week 1 games are an anomaly but one thing is for sure ... we couldn't contain the run any better than last year. We gave up a league leading 217 yards. So far the 15 million we spent on Emmanuel Ogbah looks to be a waste as he only had 1 tackle for the game and gave up containment several times.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Seafort

Email
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2020, 12:36:06 pm »

I still don't understand why the Dolphins - who played quite well in the second half of the season despite a disparity of talent - abruptly dropped their offensive and defensive coordinators. I know that in the case of the OC, the difficulty in players learning the new offense was cited as a reason. However given that offensive production went up in the second half, it seems at the very least that the returning players would now have the offense mastered. And he brought in Gailey as a replacement, who has been in and out of the league for decades. Is Gailey's offense innovative? Does it matter?

Flores set back his team's development by what to me were inexplicable changes.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2020, 03:05:13 pm »

I think someone on Reddit said it best...just remember game 1 from last year and you'll feel a whole lot better about game 1 this year. Small steps.

Exactly!!

Can't get too down over this loss for so many reasons.  And although I will root for them to win every game this season, I won't be disappointed if they only win 6 or 7 games.  I'd like to see some good draft picks next year, THEN they better move towards being a perennial playoff competitor.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray