Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:29:03 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Week 1 2020: Dolphins vs Patriots, hopefully a new era
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Week 1 2020: Dolphins vs Patriots, hopefully a new era  (Read 3310 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2020, 03:44:49 pm »

Don't forget that our #3 and #4 Wideouts opted out of the season and Parker was hurt. Really limited the weapons we gave Fitzpatrick.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2020, 04:31:12 pm »

I think someone on Reddit said it best...just remember game 1 from last year and you'll feel a whole lot better about game 1 this year. Small steps.

Good point. I said essentially the same thing to a buddy last night.  I don't know how many wins they will get, but the team is going to be better and much more competitive this  year in games that they were blown out in last year.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2020, 07:29:25 pm »

Just saw the video of the third interception.

Sadly, there is only one angle I can see of the play.

It looks similar to the 49ers play I posted about earlier

I have seen plays like this flagged, and I have also seen plays like this not flagged.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2020, 08:30:51 am »

Quick takes from the game...

Compared to this time last year we are much more competitive (admittedly not hard), but we will not be making the playoffs until we fix some basics.

The offensive line did a great job in pass protection - only the one sack against Flowers who looked much better as a guard than his whole career at the Giants as a tackle...

With the running game though, they were not opening holes big enough for Howard who struggled in the first quarter. In that regard I can see why they shifted to the more agile Gaskin and speedy Breida, although I thought they would have leaned more on the latter - maybe Gailey liked what he saw in preseason, or thought Gaskin looked better as a pass option. Whatever, the OL must do a better job for the running game to be really effective.

On the defensive side of the ball we really struggled covering a mobile Quarterback, which to me was weird, like we weren't expecting it - who was the guy we are playing against? Oh, Cam Newton, who has done this all his career.... after that we got caught looking at him and guessing, guys like Van Noy were too distracted by Cam to set the edge. We needed to stack the line with all 11 players to stop the run, then McDaniels worked a way around it by the third quarter - seems like he was in the heads of some of our former Patriot players and knew how to exploit them...

The effort was there and the heart was there, to be as close as 14-11 into the last quarter seems like a world away from the shitshow of this time last year. But we if we really want to make a playoff push we got to work out how to stop the run and cover a mobile QB!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 09:01:52 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2020, 06:23:52 pm »

Don't forget that our #3 and #4 Wideouts opted out of the season and Parker was hurt. Really limited the weapons we gave Fitzpatrick.

Just a couple years ago we were stacked in the WR & RB categories, unfortunately we didn't have much else, so these players were traded or let go in FA.  Next years draft & FA will probably address these positions.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2020, 01:10:23 pm »

^^^ I'm usually not big on mock drafts this far out, but I saw a CBS mock draft for next year today.  With the 4th overall pick they have Miami drafting JaMarr Chase, WR from LSU; and with the 10th overall pick they have Miami drafting Wyatt Davis, G from Ohio.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2020, 03:10:01 pm »

^^^ I'm usually not big on mock drafts this far out, but I saw a CBS mock draft for next year today.  With the 4th overall pick they have Miami drafting JaMarr Chase, WR from LSU; and with the 10th overall pick they have Miami drafting Wyatt Davis, G from Ohio.

With the college football schedule so screwed up this year, next year's NFL draft is going to be much more of a dart throw for all the NFL teams.  It is a dart throw to a certain extent every year, but with deciding how to evaluate players who didn't even play this year in college, it is going to be a pretty wild draft.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2020, 08:41:04 am »

^^^ An OG going #10 overall? Unlikely, but possible, I suppose.

#4: OT Penei Sewell
#10: CB Patrick Surtain II

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2020, 09:06:41 am »

With the college football schedule so screwed up this year, next year's NFL draft is going to be much more of a dart throw for all the NFL teams.  It is a dart throw to a certain extent every year, but with deciding how to evaluate players who didn't even play this year in college, it is going to be a pretty wild draft.

In the NFL, players who voluntarily take a year off and come back don't do very well. I know the college kids are younger, but it still makes you a bit skeptical.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2020, 11:12:33 am »

In the NFL, players who voluntarily take a year off and come back don't do very well. I know the college kids are younger, but it still makes you a bit skeptical.

Yep.  I was really disappointed to see Gregory Rousseau from The U opt out for this season.  As a freshman last year, he was First Team All ACC, Second Team All American, etc etc.  If he had played this year and not regressed, he was a Top 15 pick in the NFL (if he declared which everyone assumed he would).  He will probably still declare for the draft next year, but it will be very interesting to see if he still goes in the Top 15 or not.  He would have been a real game changer for the Canes this year. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2020, 11:12:40 am »

My early guess is Miami goes receiver very early in the draft. It could just be my wish list but we need to replace Devante ... or at least have a replacement handy.  

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2020, 02:02:29 pm »

Until the Dolphins put a defense on the field, it won't matter who the QB or the receivers are.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Garrett

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2020, 03:06:34 pm »

Wow..... I thought the Fins were going to have a good secondary this year?? They are horrible, and the defensive line is worse. I was optimistic to at least see some improvement this year. But after two games, I'm not feeling it at all.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray