Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:58 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Patriots  (Read 2674 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 13, 2020, 06:38:42 pm »

Flores.  Come on, take the field goal while you can.  That's basic coaching stuff

Fitzpatrick.  He was Fitztragic today. 

Still, remember since 2012, Miami has never made the playoffs the same year they've won the season opener.

Still a lot of football to be played.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 07:05:52 pm »

Fitzpatrick threw two picks (the second was bad, I actually was in the kitchen for the first one, so I didn't see if it was tipped or anything).

EDIT -- he had three picks.   I don't even remember the third. 

Gotta be Fitz.  And not to beat a dead horse, but I do think it's relevant that he's starting over Tua, since the idea is that he's giving you a chance to win, thus the expectation to perform well is there.  It's not like we can grade on a curve like he's learning.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 07:17:03 pm by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 07:54:27 pm »

Fitzy

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 08:06:13 pm »

Yep, Fitzy crapped the bed today.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 07:46:29 am »

Only one of Fitz 3 INTs were on him IMO...First one Preston fell down otherwise it's right on the money, second one was on Fitz, the last one was PI that wasn't called, Romo even said something about it.

Flores gets mine.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 03:07:04 pm »

Has to be Fitzpatrick this week, hopefully he'll bounce back big against the Bills next week.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 07:35:30 pm »

Only one of Fitz 3 INTs were on him IMO...First one Preston fell down otherwise it's right on the money, second one was on Fitz, the last one was PI that wasn't called, Romo even said something about it.

Flores gets mine.

It's odd, I have seen plays like this flagged before.

For example, in the Patriots Super Bowl game against the Falcons.

I have also seen plays like this not called as PI.

For example, in the Patriots Super Bowl against the Eagles. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 05:55:45 am »

Fitzpatrick threw two picks (the second was bad, I actually was in the kitchen for the first one, so I didn't see if it was tipped or anything).

EDIT -- he had three picks.   I don't even remember the third. 

Just re-watching the game now. Fitz's first pick was terrible with a capital T for turd that he freshly laid - he stared down Williams in man coverage on Gilmore who read his eyes all the way, got leverage and then Williams slipped leading to the easy pick. That's the sort of rubbish you expect from a rookie (or Rosen), not an 8 team veteran...
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 06:08:34 am »

Just re-watching the game now. Fitz's first pick was terrible with a capital T for turd that he freshly laid - he stared down Williams in man coverage on Gilmore who read his eyes all the way, got leverage and then Williams slipped leading to the easy pick. That's the sort of rubbish you expect from a rookie (or Rosen), not an 8 team veteran...

... and the second INT was just as bad as the first - again he stared down the receiver all the way and did not see the extra defensive back dropping in the hole.

The funny thing is that the D stood up following those first two turnovers and they did not cost us on the scoreboard!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 06:15:21 am »

Only one of Fitz 3 INTs were on him IMO...First one Preston fell down otherwise it's right on the money

I respectfully disagree. Fitz stared down the man on man contest and Gilmore was looking right at him all the way during the play, it was always either going to be an INT or at best an incomplete pass if Williams could defend it - he lost his footing during the contact and turn, and it was an easy pick for Gilmore.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 07:42:36 am »

After viewing the whole game now, no surprises - it's gotta be Fitztragic.

The last INT was not his fault, but his first two were awful. Could easily had another if it wasn't for Gieseke defending a badly thrown ball which favored DB Phillips.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 07:45:07 am »

I respectfully disagree. Fitz stared down the man on man contest and Gilmore was looking right at him all the way during the play, it was always either going to be an INT or at best an incomplete pass if Williams could defend it - he lost his footing during the contact and turn, and it was an easy pick for Gilmore.

I think you're underestimating Prestons size, he had inside position and would have boxed Gilmore out if he didn't slip.  Fitz can stare at him all he wants, if Preston doesn't slip the worst that happens is an incomplete pass.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 08:25:01 am »

I took a day to think about this because I was wavering. After looking at the entirety of the game I have to say the worst performance of the day was by our new defensive coordinator Josh Boyer. It looked liked his team was not ready for the run/pass option and even after the first half he didn't fix it. In fact it got worse in the second half. Not sure how that happens against a running QB but it seems like pretty bad coaching to me.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 08:51:04 am »

I took a day to think about this because I was wavering. After looking at the entirety of the game I have to say the worst performance of the day was by our new defensive coordinator Josh Boyer. It looked liked his team was not ready for the run/pass option and even after the first half he didn't fix it. In fact it got worse in the second half. Not sure how that happens against a running QB but it seems like pretty bad coaching to me.

Yeah, I seriously thought about it too - if you could pinpoint somewhere we lost control of the game, this was it.

Was it the new DC, was it all the new faces in the team with a lack of time and preparation, or was it McDaniels who knew a few of our acquisitions from the Patriots very well and worked out how to exploit them?

In the end it's a lot easier just to give Fitz the Shame of the Game, because as an individual effort from a senior player that sucked so royally.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 10:01:44 am »

I think you're underestimating Prestons size, he had inside position and would have boxed Gilmore out if he didn't slip.  Fitz can stare at him all he wants, if Preston doesn't slip the worst that happens is an incomplete pass.

I can appreciate that argument (and even agree with it to a point), but the obvious counter would have to be... Stephon Gilmore is definitely one of the best cover corners in the league. All-Pro the last 2-3 seasons...a pass-defensed and interception machine. No matter what Preston did or didn't do, Gilmore seemed like he was in pretty good position to make a play on the ball.

Definitely have to give the SOG to Fitzy...he won't hold his job very long if he continues to play like that.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray