Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:10:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls - Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game Balls - Patriots  (Read 1007 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 13, 2020, 06:39:13 pm »

Sanders and Howard

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 06:41:50 pm »

How much of the game did you watch?
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 06:43:24 pm »

None at all, I worked. 

Still, they scored points

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 08:55:57 pm »

None at all, I worked. 

Still, they scored points

Sorry but you might not have seen the new forum rules for this year.  People have to watch at least 3 quarters of the game to be able to have a vote for Game Balls or Shame of the Game.  I'm afraid the moderators are going to have to delete your thread.  But feel free to weigh in on any games that you actually watch. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 07:54:07 am »

Christian Wilkinson
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 10:25:13 am »

I really want to participate in this thread, but I'm having a problem finding a standout.  There wasn't really anyone who came to mind.

The team was just generally the same it's been for 20 years - an offense that can move the ball a little, but ultimately can't score points, and a defense that can't really stop from moving the ball, but doesn't give up a huge ton of points.

There isn't really one player who was just better or way more awful than anyone else. 

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 10:51:18 am »

If Christian Wilkins plays this way all season he will make the Pro bowl. He was in Newton's face quite a bit. Seems like he's taken the next step and was a bright spot in an otherwise luke warm day. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 11:00:36 am »

If Christian Wilkins plays this way all season he will make the Pro bowl. He was in Newton's face quite a bit. Seems like he's taken the next step and was a bright spot in an otherwise luke warm day. 

I'm with Dave in that nobody really stood out, but like CF said, Wilkins did seem to have it going on  yesterday.  He played with a lot more discipline yesterday that he did last year.  Stayed in his lane and didn't over pursue, etc.  He got burned by that a lot last year. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 11:10:05 am »

Wilkinson - 6 tackles, 1 sack, 2 tackles for loss and at I think two batted balls at the line...at least one I know for sure
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2020, 11:22:43 am »

You guys make a good point for Wilkenson and in hindsight, we did apply some QB pressure so I think he's the right call.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 07:38:55 am »

Wilkins gets it for me.

Honorable mention to Gieseke (he needs to be targeted more - the four he had resulted in a saved INT, a great catch, a PI call in the end zone, and what should have been another PI in the end zone).

Another honorable mention to Baker - yes he did have two (IMO unlucky) personal foul calls, but that strip of Harry going into the endzone resulting in a touchback and in effect a resulting 15 point swing changed the game in our favor. Should have been judged as stopping Newton too before he got to the endzone. I also like how him and Wilkins did not put up with any of Cam's shit either!

Parker looked damn good too... until he was injured (again).
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 08:17:57 am »

Baker did have great game but his mistakes kind of put a damper on it. He seems to be growing into the position quite well. Hopefully he keeps getting better and better!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray