Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:51:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  I hate the crowd noise being added in the broadcasts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I hate the crowd noise being added in the broadcasts  (Read 2392 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: September 14, 2020, 08:20:41 am »

It's way too loud and about 90% of the time it's annoying as hell. They are either going to have to tone it WAY down or get rid of it completely. It's only been 1 week and I'm already sick of it. I don't remember the actual game noise being anywhere near as intrusive as yesterday's added in crowd noise.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 08:22:29 am »

I didn't mind it, try drinking some beer during the game.  Eventually it's just white noise lol
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 08:36:54 am »

It's way too loud and about 90% of the time it's annoying as hell.

Strangely, I agree.  I don't mind it in basketball.

But the volume is too loud.  It's sometimes hard to hear the announcers, which makes sense when the stadium is rockin', but that should be reserved for like...huge plays to end a game.

It's just a little bit too much.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 11:05:21 am »

was I the only one who found it funny they used boos as well? Cracked me up

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 11:23:35 am »

was I the only one who found it funny they used boos as well? Cracked me up

It was all a little too amped up.  I think it's fine to have some general ambient noise (are they playing that in the stadium, too)? 

But the whole thing is weird if you think too hard.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 04:39:47 pm »

It's way too loud and about 90% of the time it's annoying as hell. They are either going to have to tone it WAY down or get rid of it completely. It's only been 1 week and I'm already sick of it. I don't remember the actual game noise being anywhere near as intrusive as yesterday's added in crowd noise.

Same here.  I can't say it bothered me so much that it annoyed me, but I don't like it.  It is like watching a comedy tv show with the canned audience laughter.  I can decide myself if something is good or funny.  I don't need to be prompted by randomly placed "audience reaction".   
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 05:26:06 pm »

(are they playing that in the stadium, too)? 
I was wondering the same thing. I know the announcers can hear it.

The in-stadium crowd-noise audio is to be played in stadiums without fans. It also is to be played initially in those stadiums with fans, and the league told teams that it will reevaluate the use of artificial crowd noise in stadiums with fans as the season progresses.

The combined artificial crowd noise and any music or audio prompts played within a stadium at allowable times during a game cannot exceed 75 decibels.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/09/04/nfl-penalties-fake-crowd-noise/

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 07:04:36 pm »

Me thinks that the purpose of artificial crowd noise is NOT as some suggest for the benefit of fans at home (ala canned laugh track) but rather to motivate the home team on the field and distract the opposing team  when on offense. 

With that as a purpose, I doubt any team will choose to tone it down.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 10:41:53 pm »

Me thinks that the purpose of artificial crowd noise is NOT as some suggest for the benefit of fans at home (ala canned laugh track) but rather to motivate the home team on the field and distract the opposing team  when on offense. 

I get the feeling that it's just to make the whole thing less weird.

Crowd noise makes it feel more like normal football and not some cut-rate version of it.

I drink your milkshake!
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2020, 10:44:13 pm »

I just hate the fact that fans can't go to the games.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2020, 11:29:36 pm »

I just hate the fact that fans can't go to the games.

I hate the fact that 200 thousand Americans have died because of the virus. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 05:52:12 am »

Speaking from experience, the first third of the AFL games this season were played in completely empty stadiums where the only noise on TV were the players, and the refs and whistles...

Believe me it's much better on TV with the canned crowd noise playing in the background - without it there's absolutely zero atmosphere and the game sounds like a training exercise.

On the flip side, you really do notice when there is a real crowd at the ground, even if it's only 5000 to 10,000 or so in a 50,000+ seat stadium. The players react to it very positively too, no matter how small the number.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 08:55:28 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 01:28:52 pm »

It doesn't bother me.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 03:17:48 pm »

I'm with Downunder on this one...I like the noise, and without it, the broadcast seems a little odd.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 03:38:27 pm »

I hate the fact that 200 thousand Americans have died because of the virus. 

I hate the fact that 330 million Americans had to suffer because of the fear mongering of the leftists in Washington over 200,000 deaths.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray