Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:35:59 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Ryan Tannehill
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ryan Tannehill  (Read 972 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 20, 2020, 08:37:41 pm »

2-0 for Tennessee

Man, amazing what a change can do

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 09:04:07 pm »

Amazing what you can do with an offensive line and a defense isn't it? It's 22 players, not 1. Been saying it my whole life, no one listens. It's all about the QB. People play too much Madden.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 12:09:00 am »

Yeah.....I definitely agree with Pappy, 100%, but that still being said, just like I was saying after Tennessee made the decision to let Ryan take over for Mariotta after their 5th or 6th game or whatever it was last year, and again in the 2019-2020 postseason, and will say Yet again now....really happy for the guy, and I hope he continues to do very well.  I always really thought he had it in him.  As long as it's not against Miami (and we don't play the Titans again this year, either), I hope he continues to ball out as long as he can.
Guy's a great guy from best I've ever been able to tell, and I hope he keeps doing his thang...wish it could've worked out in Miami, obviously, but that got screwed up so many different ways over his tenure, it just got to the point that I don't think it was ever going "to be", and it was for the best to part ways from my vantage point.

But like I said, I'll always pull for the guy as long as it's not against the 'Phins!

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 12:51:34 am »

Yeah.....I definitely agree with Pappy, 100%, but that still being said, just like I was saying after Tennessee made the decision to let Ryan take over for Mariotta after their 5th or 6th game or whatever it was last year, and again in the 2019-2020 postseason, and will say Yet again now....really happy for the guy, and I hope he continues to do very well.  I always really thought he had it in him.  As long as it's not against Miami (and we don't play the Titans again this year, either), I hope he continues to ball out as long as he can.
Guy's a great guy from best I've ever been able to tell, and I hope he keeps doing his thang...wish it could've worked out in Miami, obviously, but that got screwed up so many different ways over his tenure, it just got to the point that I don't think it was ever going "to be", and it was for the best to part ways from my vantage point.

But like I said, I'll always pull for the guy as long as it's not against the 'Phins!

It's more than just your guys who make a difference.  It's your opponents, too.     

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 02:29:20 am »

It's more than just your guys who make a difference.  It's your opponents, too.     

Huh  Man, I see you reference this Quite a bit in past posts, but again, as others would point out to you as well, this is more or less understood.
Of Course your opponent's play (quality defense, or lack thereof) has something to do with the QB's statistics and overall outcome.  Thus why the advanced metrics "people" account for the various variables with each play, including down and distance, moment in a game, and like you said, the opponent's skill/ability.  That's understood, but it doesn't negate the need for the "All 11" (in the case of one particular side of the ball), or in terms of complementary football, "All 22" or really 3 phases of the team.

Regardless, Ryan's playing really well nowadays and for the most part, since he took over the reigns for the Titans last October.  I saw a stat posted about him just earlier this evening on The Score that of his 12 regular season starts dating back to when he took over for Mariotta in week 6/7 or whenever it was, he's had a passer rating of > 100 in 9 of those 12 starts, and also in 2 of the 3 playoff games back in Jan.  Additionally, his lowest QB rating (might have been actual QBR, but I suspect more old school passer rating) has yet to be lower than an 82 in Any of those 15 games.  Pretty neat stuff for him...
He's playing well since last year, no matter how you slice it.  And I personally think it's great, esp. considering how many pundits felt he couldn't duplicate it again this year b/c of his "erratic" play throughout his career (again, per a lot of the pundits' talk, anyways).  Not saying he'll consistently keep up this pace the rest of the season or for multiple more seasons, but you gotta give him his due.  Their team is playing well offensively of course, too.

My greater overall point in discussing the above is that you can't just chalk it up to poor opponent's play at this point (or at least that alone), when he's done it consistently in 12 regular season starts (plus the 3 playoff appearances in Jan., even if the stats weren't "gaudy" in the first 2 of those games).

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 09:57:19 am »

I always liked Tannehill and hope he does great. I always thought he could have been a great quarterback for us if given just a hint of protection, but I completely understand the decision to move on and didn't have a problem with it.

That out of the way:

https://www.nfl.com/videos/ryan-tannehill-absorbs-hit-while-tossing-fourth-td-pass-of-day

One thing about Tannehill... he's a tough guy. I was worried he had lost the confidence to just stand there and take the hit after his injuries, but looks like he's regained that confidence.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray