Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:10:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Week 2 vs Bills.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Week 2 vs Bills.  (Read 1567 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2020, 08:17:02 am »

I didn't watch the game but the box score made it seem competitive. Is there any reason our secondary is basically the worst in the whole NFL? Is it due to injuries or no pressure on the QB?

We got burned on deep crossing routes all day long. Really hard to cover in the man scheme we mostly stuck to, especially when Josh Allen just nailed those throws. The pressure rarely got to him and a little roll out or step up purchased enough time to hit the crosser all the way across the field.

There were a couple of missed opportunities for interceptions (but the same could be said for the Bills) that would have been huge. And it didn't help that Byron Jones got injured early.

Two things really bugged me, though. #1 Having a corner play 10+ yards off when you have the opponents pinned inside their own 2. #2 Our safeties looked really bad in a couple of costly deep plays. If you're playing with two deep safeties and you still get beat deep in the middle, that's just terrible.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray