Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:53:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Week 2 vs Bills.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Week 2 vs Bills.  (Read 1533 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: September 14, 2020, 03:28:35 pm »

I will be rooting for the fish lovers.

This game will determine what team is in first place in the division after week two.

If Miami wins NE will be in first regardless of outcome of NE game. (If NE loses and MIA wins, NE will have the tiebreaks, on other teams based on division record)

If Buffalo wins Buf will be in first regardless of the outcome of the NE game.  (If both NE and Buf wins, buffalo will have the best division record at 2-0)

Yeah, divisional tiebreakers don’t matter much at this point in the season, but as many of you know I am fascinated with the math of these things and the irony that Buff @ Mia matters more for NE’s standings than NE @Sea.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 04:34:00 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar score as week 1 for the Dolphins.  Buffalo has a tough defense and their offense added a couple new weapons and  is improved but Josh Allen is still a very inconsistent QB who depends on his legs too much and makes bad decisions throwing the ball. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 07:36:02 pm »

I still think Miami should go with Fitzpatrick for now.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 08:43:08 am »

Should be a telling game for a number of reasons:

Will we learn from our week 1 defensive mistakes to work out how to stop the run and a mobile Quarterback? We got to do it soon because we face many more of them the rest of the season...

Can our OL protect the QB as well as last week, but also open up some decent seams for our runners?

Despite royally sucking against the Pats I would start Fitz again this week, even if it's just to see if the OL protects him just as well as in week 1 against another good defense.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 09:02:22 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 09:12:34 am »

You have to start Fitz again, you cant make a switch this early in the year. The team probably wants Tua to learn the speed of the game and bulk up some before sending him out there.

I think the team has a much better game all around and hopefully we stomp Josh Allen into the ground.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 10:43:47 am »

They won't start Tua until they have given up on the season because you can't go back if he sucks like Josh Rosen did. You hand him the reigns and then you have decided it's his team. He might play a little here and there before then but won't start.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Seafort

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 12:39:36 pm »

Due to the youth of the roster and starting over with two new coordinators, I think Miami finishes with a worse record in 2020 than in 2019.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 06:27:37 pm »

Due to the youth of the roster and starting over with two new coordinators, I think Miami finishes with a worse record in 2020 than in 2019.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a worse record either, but not by much, and not because they are worse than the prior year.  Their schedule this year, on paper anyways, is much tougher than last year.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 08:54:04 am »

I can see a losing record but we had 5 wins last year, I just don't see us winning 4 or less this season unless Fitz really implodes.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 09:36:34 am »

I think we probably play better in this game, but still lose by about a FG. 

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 11:00:29 am »

What I want to see from Miami this season is pretty simple... I want to see steady improvement. I want to see them perform better in games 4-6 than they did in games 1-3, and I want to see their best football come towards the end of the season.

I am hopeful that if there is steady improvement, it is fueled by the team's younger players, which would lead me to believe that the rebuilding is working, and that 2021 will be even better than 2020.

I'm pretty easy...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 12:00:40 pm »

What I want to see from Miami this season is pretty simple... I want to see steady improvement. I want to see them perform better in games 4-6 than they did in games 1-3, and I want to see their best football come towards the end of the season.

I am hopeful that if there is steady improvement, it is fueled by the team's younger players, which would lead me to believe that the rebuilding is working, and that 2021 will be even better than 2020.

I'm pretty easy...

The internet is no place for logical, insightful, and informed comments.  It is supposed to go like this:  After a loss, "This team SUCKS!" and after a win, "Super Bowl, Baby!"
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 12:49:40 pm »

The internet is no place for logical, insightful, and informed comments.  It is supposed to go like this:  After a loss, "This team SUCKS!" and after a win, "Super Bowl, Baby!"

You're right, my bad...wtf was I thinking?   Huh

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Seafort

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2020, 01:47:59 pm »

I'm pretty easy...

That's good, but all of that momentum can be thrown away if we change DC and OCs in the off season again. Rather than our veteran players knowing the offense, everyone is learning another new offense on the fly, just like in Week 2 last year.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2020, 05:12:21 pm »

I didn't watch the game but the box score made it seem competitive. Is there any reason our secondary is basically the worst in the whole NFL? Is it due to injuries or no pressure on the QB?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray