Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:02:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  National Anthem (spinoff from a Dolphins Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: National Anthem (spinoff from a Dolphins Thread)  (Read 5630 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2020, 11:36:54 am »

I love this country too, but making a huge generalization like that is not going to go well for you in this thread. 
LOL ... If I cared about being attacked I wouldn't post. This isn't a friendly place for a guy like me. Well ... online  anyways. Everyone seems to get along pretty well in the real world. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2020, 05:40:08 pm »

LOL ... If I cared about being attacked I wouldn't post. This isn't a friendly place for a guy like me. Well ... online  anyways. Everyone seems to get along pretty well in the real world. 

Oh I hear ya.  I don't care about being attacked either.  And like you said, probably the vast majority of us would get along just fine in "real life" over a beer.  I wasn't meaning that you as a person wouldn't go over well with your generalization about everyone wanting to come here.   I just meant that your point wouldn't do well because it really was a huge generalization. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2020, 06:14:17 pm »

The USA is the greatest country in the world because everyone wants to come here for the freedoms, protections, and opportunities to better their self and their family. It's so good in fact that haters refuse to leave it.
You mean since 2017, right?  My understanding is that the US was a flaming garbage dump for approximately 8 years prior to that.

You can't exactly make America great again if (at the time) it is the greatest nation in history, right?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 06:15:58 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2020, 09:50:50 pm »

Watching the presidential debate tonight makes it pretty hard for me to say we are the greatest country in the world.  The greatest country in the world should give us better choices than these two buffoons.  Tonight has been like listening to a couple of 5 year olds arguing.
You are a liar!
No, you are a liar!
Well, you are a big poopy head.
Well, you are super duper poopy head.

I will probably vote for the Libertarian candidate, Jo Jorgensen.  But I'm realistic enough to know that no Libertarian candidate will ever be elected president during my lifetime.  The greatest country in the world should give us better options than these two blowhard clowns. 
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2020, 11:11:46 pm »

I think everyone is mostly friendly to the people here.  Treating the people behind the keyboards with some consideration is pretty basic.  Your ideas however are fair game to any and all criticism, ridicule, argument, and rebuttal.  "Hate the sin, love the sinner" I believe is how it goes right ?
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2020, 11:15:18 pm »

Watching the presidential debate tonight makes it pretty hard for me to say we are the greatest country in the world.  The greatest country in the world should give us better choices than these two buffoons.  Tonight has been like listening to a couple of 5 year olds arguing.
You are a liar!
No, you are a liar!
Well, you are a big poopy head.
Well, you are super duper poopy head.

I will probably vote for the Libertarian candidate, Jo Jorgensen.  But I'm realistic enough to know that no Libertarian candidate will ever be elected president during my lifetime.  The greatest country in the world should give us better options than these two blowhard clowns. 

They should just turn off the mic of the guy who isn't supposed to be speaking. End of interruptions.

I think Biden should just not do another debate. There's nothing for him to gain here. It's not like an trumper will ever not vote for him, no matter what he does.  And the party that is standing on the side of facts and truth will always be vulnerable to the "Gish gallop" like what happened tonight. Trump can spew out lies way faster than he can be fact checked. There just isn't enough time for it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2020, 08:09:56 am »

They should just turn off the mic of the guy who isn't supposed to be speaking. End of interruptions.

I think Biden should just not do another debate. There's nothing for him to gain here. It's not like an trumper will ever not vote for him, no matter what he does.  And the party that is standing on the side of facts and truth will always be vulnerable to the "Gish gallop" like what happened tonight. Trump can spew out lies way faster than he can be fact checked. There just isn't enough time for it.

There was barely an honest statement made by either of them all night.  I doubt that any voter has ever been swayed to change allegiances by a debate.  There will be much back and forth about who "won" last night.  But I can say with 100% certainty that I know who lost.  America lost.  That debate was a perfect microcosm of our society today.  A lot of yelling, nobody listening to each other and the truth having essentially no bearing whatsoever. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2020, 10:36:46 am »

I think last night only helped people who heard something they didn't like from someone .... meaning if you support police and heard Biden you'd probably lean toward Trump and if you hated Trump's personality you'd probably be voting Biden. I really don't think either guy actually helped themselves in this debate.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2020, 11:06:34 am »

I've already voted, so no need (or interest) in watching Trump on TV "for anything."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2020, 11:54:42 pm »

I think the exchange that they had where trump was busing on hunter biden for doing drugs and Joe Biden sticking up for him and being a dad will for sure impact people. As a dad I can 100% identify with it. and Trump is a grotesque asshole for even bringing that shit up. Joe handled it like a dad should.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2020, 10:20:14 am »

I think the exchange that they had where trump was busing on hunter biden for doing drugs and Joe Biden sticking up for him and being a dad will for sure impact people. As a dad I can 100% identify with it. and Trump is a grotesque asshole for even bringing that shit up. Joe handled it like a dad should.
Just realize that many people see that exchange much differently than you.

Over 2/3rds of Telemundo viewers thought Trump won the debate and many of the things that are being "exploited" on liberal news are being touted on others. For instance ... the whole Proud Boys thing. Lib news keep calling them white supremist while everyone else is pointing out they are not and in fact have blacks and Latinos and basically every other race in their midst. Oh .. and they kick out any members who turn out to be racist.   

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2020, 10:22:26 am »

Vote for Biden, even if you don't like him.

Trump is a madman, needs to be repudiated fully, and then the center-right people/Libertarians need to take back their party.

Seriously, though - RANKED CHOICE VOTING - both sides need it.  It would allow third parties to have a much greater influence and actual chance of being elected.  It would prevent the likes of Biden and Trump from being the candidates in the future.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2020, 10:56:59 am »

Trump is a madman, needs to be repudiated fully, and then the center-right people/Libertarians need to take back their party.
Roll Eyes
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2020, 11:07:41 am »

Done...and have had conversations with neighbors to make sure they know where the voting station is located, how to request mail-in ballots*, how to report voter intimidation, etc...

*It's OK...I am in Florida, and mail-in ballots here can't possibly involve voter fraud.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2020, 11:33:21 am »

Just realize that many people see that exchange much differently than you.

Very true...some people can't recognize a conman and a liar to save their life.

For instance ... the whole Proud Boys thing. Lib news keep calling them white supremist while everyone else is pointing out they are not and in fact have blacks and Latinos and basically every other race in their midst. Oh .. and they kick out any members who turn out to be racist.   

So, you have an organization whose charter specifically says that they are anti-immigrant...and you want me to believe that a group of anti-immigrants who also organizes violent attacks on BLM demonstrations ISN'T racist?

There's this bridge I'd like to sell ya, CF...you seem like the perfect person to buy it.

Roll Eyes

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray