Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:51:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Jaguars
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Jaguars  (Read 2170 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 25, 2020, 12:49:38 am »

Joke pick:  The coaches on the sidelines who were not wearing their masks properly.

Real pick:  Flores.  Dave said in the game thread exactly what I was thinking at the bar (Well, the bar was closed, so the booth, actually).  You gotta go for it in that situation.  The fact that it worked out does not make it the right decision

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 07:42:00 am »

Baker.  He couldn't tackle to save his life last night.

I really can't believe you picked Flores.  He had his team ready to play and they killed the Jags.  You're really going to give it to him because of one hokey hard count play?
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 08:19:14 am »

Mine is the running game. I don't know who to single out though. The RBs? Or the O Line. Can't think of an individual lineman to call out though, or would it come down to coaching? But I'm not happy with the way this team is running the ball.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 08:22:58 am »

Mine is the running game. I don't know who to single out though. The RBs? Or the O Line. Can't think of an individual lineman to call out though, or would it come down to coaching? But I'm not happy with the way this team is running the ball.
Gaskins started out pretty good, and then the Jags figured it out.  Seemed to me the running backs were running hard, so I'd put it on the run blocking.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 08:33:49 am »

I know I'm not playing the game correctly by not picking someone specifically, but as a general rant, I'm tired of everyone going for the "big hit" and not wrapping up the person they are trying to tackle.  This is certainly not specific to the Dolphins because defensive players across the NFL do it.  Everyone wants to make a highlight "blow up" reel more than they want to stop the guy with the ball.  I'm all for dishing out a big hit, but you can hit the man AND get your god damned arms around him and tackle him.   
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 08:40:18 am »

I know I'm not playing the game correctly by not picking someone specifically, but as a general rant, I'm tired of everyone going for the "big hit" and not wrapping up the person they are trying to tackle.  This is certainly not specific to the Dolphins because defensive players across the NFL do it.  Everyone wants to make a highlight "blow up" reel more than they want to stop the guy with the ball.  I'm all for dishing out a big hit, but you can hit the man AND get your god damned arms around him and tackle him.   
Agreed, that's one of the reasons I picked Baker, I saw him do that.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 08:52:25 am »

Yeah, somewhere between pop warner and College ball guys aren't coached on the fundamentals of tackling.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray