Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:56:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What are you watching and playing and reading? 10/1/2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What are you watching and playing and reading? 10/1/2020  (Read 631 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: October 01, 2020, 11:05:29 am »

Watching:
I have been watching and listening to podcasts about politics a lot more than usual.  I had been burned out for a while, but the debate season is always interesting, and we're really close to the election, so everything seems a little more tangible.

Cobra Kai - I watched a little bit of this show a while ago and liked it OK, but for some reason, turning to it now has re-engaged me.  I don't know if this show is actually good or not, but I'm really liking it.  It's kinda simultaneously a repudiation of a a defense of toxic masculinity.  I don't know if it's dumber or smarter than that.  It's full of nostalgia, it seems to be self-aware.  It seems to know what it is, though, and it's cheesiness is somehow charming.

Star Trek Lower Decks - This is a cartoon show on CBS All-Access.  It's got a lot of Star Trek references.  I think if you're a fan of Trek, it's great, but if not, it's probably not worth following just on its own.

Reading:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - I'm right at the end of this book...like 2 chapters left...with my daughter.  I can't seem to find time to finish it.  It's fine. 

I think I'm going to take a break for reading after that, but I may try out Dracula.  My family is trying all read a book together and that's what they've chosen.  It kinda sounds miserable, but I might do it anyway.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 01:01:04 pm »

^^^I really enjoyed Cobra Kai.  I too couldn't decide if it was good or not lol.

--Ratchet.  It's about nurse Ratchet.  It was an "eh"
--Bloodline.  Show that takes place in the keys about a family that runs a luxurious Inn on the water.  Family has a bunch of secrets that are slowly revealed.  I'm enjoying this one so far, only a few episodes in the first season.  A lot of the characters remind me of my family a little.
--The Boys.  Every Friday a new episode is released.  I like this from Garth Enis better than Preacher.

--MK11 Aftermath.  It was on sale for $30.  I like the story mode, I beat it and now I'm kind of already bored with it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray