Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:16:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  President Trump and First Lady test positive for COVID-19
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: President Trump and First Lady test positive for COVID-19  (Read 3323 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: October 02, 2020, 02:13:43 am »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/hope-hicks-positive-coronavirus/index.html

President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump tested positive for coronavirus, the President announced early Friday morning, an extraordinary development coming months into a global pandemic and in the final stretch of his reelection campaign.

The diagnosis amounts to the most serious known health threat to a sitting American president in decades. At 74 years old, Trump falls into the highest risk category for serious complications from the disease, which has killed more than 200,000 Americans and more than 1 million people worldwide.
His infection with the disease could prove destabilizing in an already fraught political climate, and stock market futures tumbled on news of Trump's infection.

"Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!" Trump tweeted shortly before 1 am Friday.

---

My only question is why they were tested in the first place.  I have it under good authority that if you don't do the tests, you don't have cases!

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 10:27:26 am »

They were tested because one of his staffers that is around him a lot tested positive.  Whenever you feel like you may have been exposed, you should get tested.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 10:50:15 am »

They were tested because one of his staffers that is around him a lot tested positive.  Whenever you feel like you may have been exposed, you should get tested.

Spider was sarcastic (I assume), but if you want to be serious, it's been reported for months that Trump was tested multiple times a day - and that everyone around him was tested at least daily as well. (Which is a completely sensible precaution.)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 05:15:40 pm »

From everything I've seen he's taken a very cavalier approach to Covid .. so this really was inevitable to a certain degree.

Apparently the NBA bubble in orlando has much better protocols than the white house when it comes to covid prevention.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 05:54:31 pm »

After experiencing "mild symptoms" (so: he's probably on oxygen), Trump is now being transported to Walter Reed hospital to "work from the presidential offices there" (so: he's probably being put on a ventilator).

Thoughts and prayers!

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 09:37:19 am »

The latest MSM line is the medication he took is only used for severe cases. This means he had one of the bad cases, pretty much never stopped working, and has become symptom free in less than 2 days? Sounds like he’s personally proving the fear mongers wrong at age 74 and obese.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 09:58:11 am »

The latest MSM line is the medication he took is only used for severe cases. This means he had one of the bad cases, pretty much never stopped working, and has become symptom free in less than 2 days? Sounds like he’s personally proving the fear mongers wrong at age 74 and obese.

I really love how you add one assumption to another and somehow come up with empirical evidence.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 12:54:47 pm »

That's certainly one way to polish a turd.

Also, he's faking working by the way.  ...which is fine -- I don't expect him to work, but those photos of him working are staged.  They were taken 10 minutes apart and he took his jacket off and moved locations, but it's the same shirt and cufflinks and he's signing a blank piece of paper.

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 06:57:10 pm »

How many times do you think he'll say the word "tremendous" when he's describing the care that he received, his fight against the virus, and the medication that he was put on?
He's going to come out and say something stupid like it's not that bad, not as scary as everyone is making it out to be, all over blown etc...

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 08:56:35 pm »

It's a virtual lock that if he doesn't die, he'll come out saying (again) that it's all a hoax, it's no worse than the flu, the Democrat Party just wants to tank the economy to make him look bad, and all schools and businesses should be fully open - without masks - immediately.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 09:01:08 pm »

Do you seriously still take Trump at his word after 4 years of non-stop lying?  When he claimed to have "mild symptoms" he was on oxygen (CALLED IT).

Trump will continue to be "the healthiest president in history" unless he's literally dead.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 08:46:41 am »

Do you seriously still take Trump at his word after 4 years of non-stop lying?  When he claimed to have "mild symptoms" he was on oxygen (CALLED IT).

Trump will continue to be "the healthiest president in history" unless he's literally dead.
I take very few politicians and celebrities at their word which means I filter what he says just as much as any other person. Biden has 47 years of being caught in lies so it isn't as if he is any better at being truthful.

When what you say means that the over dramatic people will cause an unnecessary toilet paper, paper towel, and mask shortage crisis I can't imagine if the government was actually honest about everything. First off heis high risk for several reasons and yet he seems to have recovered pretty damned quickly and seems to be the same guy so that's what I'm taking from his experience.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 09:26:18 am »

He's 74 and obese, which puts him at high risk.   And he's on his way to making a full recovery.  Perfect example of why this shutdown and fear mongering was totally unnecessary.   Take off your government muzzles and end this SCAMdemic.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 09:41:02 am »

I take very few politicians and celebrities at their word which means I filter what he says just as much as any other person. Biden has 47 years of being caught in lies so it isn't as if he is any better at being truthful.

Your view of reality is 100% ridiculous.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2020, 10:24:46 am »

He's 74 and obese, which puts him at high risk.   And he's on his way to making a full recovery.  Perfect example of why this shutdown and fear mongering was totally unnecessary.   Take off your government muzzles and end this SCAMdemic.
Are you suggesting the number of deaths due to Covid 19 are fake?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray