Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:50:05 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  President Trump and First Lady test positive for COVID-19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: President Trump and First Lady test positive for COVID-19  (Read 3321 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2020, 10:31:36 am »

Are you suggesting the number of deaths due to Covid 19 are fake?
Not fake but inaccurate. We are too easily listing Covid as death. Our death rates have gone down as a country yet we have well over 200,000 supposedly additional deaths by Covid. It doesn't add up even if we didn't know death rates had turned pollical and many hospitals exaggerated numbers for the additional monies.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 10:37:11 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2020, 11:01:47 am »

Not fake but inaccurate. We are too easily listing Covid as death. Our death rates have gone down as a country yet we have well over 200,000 supposedly additional deaths by Covid. It doesn't add up even if we didn't know death rates had turned pollical and many hospitals exaggerated numbers for the additional monies.
The counter argument to that is as more people are tested it dilutes the death rate.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2020, 03:02:32 pm »

Total fiction.  The death rate has significantly jumped per the CDC and the data suggests based on the total death count that Covid deaths are UNDERREPORTED.

cdc.gov

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2020, 03:22:11 pm »

Total fiction.  The death rate has significantly jumped per the CDC and the data suggests based on the total death count that Covid deaths are UNDERREPORTED.

cdc.gov

Come on, Hoodster...you know as well as I do that any news that conflicts with what Donald says is totally fake news!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2020, 03:38:32 pm »

Not fake but inaccurate. We are too easily listing Covid as death.
Even with widespread lockdowns reducing our number of deaths due to things like accidents, we still have over 250,000 more deaths than at this point last year.

What is your explanation for a quarter-million extra deaths in 2020? Do you think we have vastly undercounted the number of people killed by Antifa?

We have 4% of the world's population.
We have 20% of the world's COVID deaths.
Explain it to me.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 03:42:52 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2020, 03:53:52 pm »

Even with widespread lockdowns reducing our number of deaths due to things like accidents, we still have over 250,000 more deaths than at this point last year.

What is your explanation for a quarter-million extra deaths in 2020? Do you think we have vastly undercounted the number of people killed by Antifa?

We have 4% of the world's population.
We have 20% of the world's COVID deaths.
Explain it to me.

China makes up 18% of the world population, and the virus originated there but only have 91k reported cases
India makes up 17.5% of the world population but only has 104k deaths
There are 144.5 million people in Russia, but they've only had 21,663 deaths

Do you really think those countries are producing accurate COVID stats?
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2020, 05:12:08 pm »

Are you suggesting the number of deaths due to Covid 19 are fake?

No.  What I'm suggesting is that COVID is not as dangerous as people are making it out to be.  It's in the same boat as SARS and H1N1.   Nobody batted an eye then. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2020, 09:24:56 pm »

Do you really think those countries are producing accurate COVID stats?
It seems to me that nations with authoritarian leaders like China, India, and Russia are perfectly capable of enacting a draconian response to swiftly curtail COVID infection.  (Note that this is not an endorsement of authoritarianism, as there are non-authoritarian nations like Australia and South Korea that have done a great job in their COVID response.)

But let's suppose, for the sake of argument, that I agree with your claim that the numbers coming out of those nations are fudged.  So let's not compare the US to authoritarian states... but let's ALSO not compare the US to poor developing countries in the "global south."  Let's do a straight apples-to-apples comparison of the US to the rest of the democracies in the G7.

Total population of G7 nations: ~772 million
Total COVID deaths among G7 nations: ~347 thousand

US: 42.8% of G7 population, 62.1% of G7 COVID deaths
Japan: 16.4% of G7 population, 0.5% of G7 COVID deaths (!!!)
Germany: 10.8% of G7 population, 2.8% of G7 COVID deaths
UK: 8.8% of G7 population, 12.2% of G7 COVID deaths
France: 8.4% of G7 population, 9.3% of G7 COVID deaths
Italy: 7.8% of G7 population, 10.4% of G7 COVID deaths
Canada: 4.9% of G7 population, 2.8% of G7 COVID deaths

US has 40% of the G7 population but 60% of the deaths.  Japan is the next most populous G7 country and has LESS THAN ONE PERCENT of the G7 deaths.  (It also bears mentioning that Japan has a MUCH higher population density than the US.)

What is your explanation for this?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 09:27:22 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2020, 10:14:44 pm »

Do you seriously still take Trump at his word after 4 years of non-stop lying?  When he claimed to have "mild symptoms" he was on oxygen (CALLED IT).

Trump will continue to be "the healthiest president in history" unless he's literally dead.

Putting this one out there for the fellow consipracy theorists - Trump's positive test was fake news, as was his reported high fever and time on oxygen, his miracle recovery from a new wonder drug.

Sorry, but after UK Prime Minister Boris Johnston and Brazil's Prezident Jair Bolsonaro struggles after contracting Covid-19 (let alone the general population who have suffered and died from this), I just don't buy that a high risk case like Trump could contract this virus and be all tickety boo in just five days.

It all smells like bullshit to me, a wild story concocted by a desperate man (and his Presidential physician stooge Sean Conley) to take advantage of the situation when his staffers (and quite possibly his wife) genuinely got the virus.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 12:48:31 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2020, 12:03:10 am »

I think the simpler answer is that Trump is still very sick.  It's patently clear that any report from the WH on his medical condition is an out-and-out lie.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2020, 12:06:19 am »

No.  What I'm suggesting is that COVID is not as dangerous as people are making it out to be.  It's in the same boat as SARS and H1N1.   Nobody batted an eye then.
...probably because those diseases weren't killing thousands of Americans a day for weeks on end.

If 200,000 deaths in six months is not "dangerous," what is?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2020, 08:03:20 am »

It seems to me that nations with authoritarian leaders like China, India, and Russia are perfectly capable of enacting a draconian response to swiftly curtail COVID infection.  (Note that this is not an endorsement of authoritarianism, as there are non-authoritarian nations like Australia and South Korea that have done a great job in their COVID response.)

But let's suppose, for the sake of argument, that I agree with your claim that the numbers coming out of those nations are fudged.  So let's not compare the US to authoritarian states... but let's ALSO not compare the US to poor developing countries in the "global south."  Let's do a straight apples-to-apples comparison of the US to the rest of the democracies in the G7.

Total population of G7 nations: ~772 million
Total COVID deaths among G7 nations: ~347 thousand

US: 42.8% of G7 population, 62.1% of G7 COVID deaths
Japan: 16.4% of G7 population, 0.5% of G7 COVID deaths (!!!)
Germany: 10.8% of G7 population, 2.8% of G7 COVID deaths
UK: 8.8% of G7 population, 12.2% of G7 COVID deaths
France: 8.4% of G7 population, 9.3% of G7 COVID deaths
Italy: 7.8% of G7 population, 10.4% of G7 COVID deaths
Canada: 4.9% of G7 population, 2.8% of G7 COVID deaths

US has 40% of the G7 population but 60% of the deaths.  Japan is the next most populous G7 country and has LESS THAN ONE PERCENT of the G7 deaths.  (It also bears mentioning that Japan has a MUCH higher population density than the US.)

What is your explanation for this?
You're moving the goalpost to line up with your way of thinking.  Italy, France, U.K. and Spain have a similar death rate to the U.S. when adjusted for population:

Italy - 60 million people - 36k deaths - 0.06%
France - 67 million people - 32.3k deaths - 0.05%
UK - 66.65 million people - 42.5k deaths - 0.06%
Spain - 47 million people - 32.5k deaths - 0.07%
US - 328.2 million people - 211k deaths - 0.06%

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 08:06:32 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2020, 09:42:25 am »

Putting this one out there for the fellow consipracy theorists - Trump's positive test was fake news, as was his reported high fever and time on oxygen, his miracle recovery from a new wonder drug.

Sorry, but after UK Prime Minister Boris Johnston and Brazil's Prezident Jair Bolsonaro struggles after contracting Covid-19 (let alone the general population who have suffered and died from this), I just don't buy that a high risk case like Trump could contract this virus and be all tickety boo in just five days.

It all smells like bullshit to me, a wild story concocted by a desperate man (and his Presidential physician stooge Sean Conley) to take advantage of the situation when his staffers (and quite possibly his wife) genuinely got the virus.

"Tickety boo".   LOL, I love Aussie slang.  When I was in Iraq, there were a lot of Australian military folks in my camp and they were some of the coolest people I've ever met.  You Aussies are the best!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2020, 12:51:29 pm »

You're moving the goalpost to line up with your way of thinking.  Italy, France, U.K. and Spain have a similar death rate to the U.S. when adjusted for population:

Italy - 60 million people - 36k deaths - 0.06%
France - 67 million people - 32.3k deaths - 0.05%
UK - 66.65 million people - 42.5k deaths - 0.06%
Spain - 47 million people - 32.5k deaths - 0.07%
US - 328.2 million people - 211k deaths - 0.06%
Speaking of moving goalposts: when did Spain join the G7?  I mean, if you just want to insert a random country that's doing worse than the G7 nations, Brazil is a good choice, too.  I chose the G7 because they are all advanced industrialized democracies with the biggest economies in the world.

So, taking that ringer Spain out, what we are left with is:

"If you look at ONLY THE WORST countries in the G7, they aren't that much better than the US." (In case your rounding methods made it unclear, the US still has more deaths per million than the UK, Italy, and France.)

But that's not really a useful statement, is it?  I mean, you could have also said, "The US has 4% of the world's population yet 20% of the COVID deaths, but there are some countries in the world that have even more deaths per million than we do." Sure, there are some countries that completely failed in their COVID response.  The US is one of them. That's the point.

So again: why is the US so much worse than Japan, Germany, and Canada? If you have to exclude the good G7 countries to make us look halfway decent, you're proving my point for me.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 12:55:15 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2020, 01:37:32 pm »

Speaking of moving goalposts: when did Spain join the G7?  I mean, if you just want to insert a random country that's doing worse than the G7 nations, Brazil is a good choice, too.  I chose the G7 because they are all advanced industrialized democracies with the biggest economies in the world.

So, taking that ringer Spain out, what we are left with is:

"If you look at ONLY THE WORST countries in the G7, they aren't that much better than the US." (In case your rounding methods made it unclear, the US still has more deaths per million than the UK, Italy, and France.)

But that's not really a useful statement, is it?  I mean, you could have also said, "The US has 4% of the world's population yet 20% of the COVID deaths, but there are some countries in the world that have even more deaths per million than we do." Sure, there are some countries that completely failed in their COVID response.  The US is one of them. That's the point.

So again: why is the US so much worse than Japan, Germany, and Canada? If you have to exclude the good G7 countries to make us look halfway decent, you're proving my point for me.

Democratic governors sending sick patients back to nursing homes?  I really don't care to argue with you about it anymore, you're going to keep making scenarios to fit your narrative. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 01:39:26 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray