Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:33:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Is it time for Tua yet?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Is it time for Tua yet?  (Read 6082 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2020, 10:14:29 am »

Here's the Tua highlights from week 4.  Evil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_amADSuvOWQ&feature=youtu.be

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2020, 08:45:34 am »

I was wondering when a Topic with this was going to post.  I thought about it myself and then got onto other things.

My thought on Sunday after the game is that he needs to be in the lineup.  I said at the beginning of the season, I would like him to sit, get fully healed, learn from Fitzy and then maybe bring him the 2nd half of the season or if Fitzy got hurt (don't want to see that)

It's so tough to call. The Herd asked Trent Dilfer and he said there's no right answer. you should sit him if you want him to learn OR you should throw him in there and see what you have

Especially, the way that the 2021 Draft is looking for the Dolphins and HOU is now 0-4 and looking bleak.  We could have (4) picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Throw him in there and see what you got with him. What if he gets in there, games 12-16, and you still don't know what you have especially playing 4 of those games against top NFL playoff teams and he looks like absolute shit.  Was it fair to throw him in there during this stretch?  

Right now, Fitzy is limited throwing the ball downfield, we can all agree on that, right???  I mean, how many 15-20 yard crossing-route OR in-routes can you throw before your WRs are getting their heads taken off?

If the running game was more effective, this would open it up a little for these WRs but right now, they're not good run-blockers.  Pass blocking looks to be above average.

You guys have seen those Tua videos of practice making throws?  I'm so torn. Part of me wants him to learns and grow, but part of me sees what Burrow and Herbert are doing and it's like we want to open our Dolphins' Christmas package that's been sitting under the tree for the last 4 weeks and we're into the New Year!!!!!

Let's Go Phins!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 08:47:36 am by hordman » Logged

I'd rather be lucky than good.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2020, 09:07:52 am »

We have a bye week on 11/22, after that we play the Jets and Bengals then 4 much harder games. If you start him, either start in 2 weeks against the Broncos or wait until after the bye week so he is extra prepared. Unless we run the table, there should be no scenario where Tua doesn't start multiple games.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 03:05:13 pm »

Channing Crowder was just killing Flores. Flores was saying Tua wasn't ready to start yet the guy who was drafted after him just went toe to toe with Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady with no more time to get ready than Tua. He said if that is really true then we are not in good shape.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2020, 03:29:35 pm »

Channing Crowder was just killing Flores. Flores was saying Tua wasn't ready to start yet the guy who was drafted after him just went toe to toe with Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady with no more time to get ready than Tua. He said if that is really true then we are not in good shape.

I wouldn't give too much thought to what Flores tells the media.  Sports coaches and athletes generally look at the media as the enemy and they are about as honest with the media as politicians are. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2020, 03:38:02 pm »

I wouldn't give too much thought to what Flores tells the media.  Sports coaches and athletes generally look at the media as the enemy and they are about as honest with the media as politicians are. 
I don't think anyone does and Crowder didn't think he was being honest either. He was just pointing out he thought his comments weren't too smart. The best thing for him to say is Tua is ready and we will play him whenever we think it is time. Along those lines Flores seems to be the kind of guy who would play Tua if we started a keep Fitzpatrick in the game movement. hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2020, 05:50:34 pm »

OK ... I change my story. Crowder and Hochman had John Clayton on their show and he said according to his sources Tua hasn't wowed anyone and that's why he isn't playing. You can make your own opinion on that.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2020, 07:01:17 pm »

OK ... I change my story. Crowder and Hochman had John Clayton on their show and he said according to his sources Tua hasn't wowed anyone and that's why he isn't playing. You can make your own opinion on that.

Then it makes sense to wait a few more weeks. You can't pull a Rosen and take Tua out after 2 games no matter how bad he does, so the team isn't ready to do that just yet.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2020, 09:04:15 pm »

I don't think anyone does and Crowder didn't think he was being honest either. He was just pointing out he thought his comments weren't too smart. The best thing for him to say is Tua is ready and we will play him whenever we think it is time. Along those lines Flores seems to be the kind of guy who would play Tua if we started a keep Fitzpatrick in the game movement. hahaha
I don't know why you have to hear this from Crowder to believe it. All you have to do is listen to the head coach. If Tua were outplaying Fitz you seriously think he's not starting? Give me a break!

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2020, 09:15:48 pm »

it will be time for Tua when we get past the 49'ers and are playing the part of the schedule where we should have a chance to win games and if Fitzpatrick is not providing enough offense to win those games. Until then Fitzpatrick is NOT the reason we aren't winning. He's doing his part so far in holding things together and making us competitive, but after the 49'ers game it will be time to start winning some of these games. If he fails to do that, then it will be time to give Tua his chance to see if he can do it or if not, get some valuable playing experience.

I agree with this.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2020, 09:21:25 pm »

I was pretty upset we didn't see him with 4 minutes left and no realistic chance to win the game so now every losing game we go without playing him will bother me more and more.

I can't see any coach doing that with a high first round QB draft pick, maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder.  Just imagine what would happen if he went in during garbage time and was injured for the rest of the season?  That coach would forever be saddled with that bad decision.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2020, 09:35:44 am »

Armando and Joe Rose were discussing Justin Herbert compared to the Tua situation. They said Herbert, like Tua, wasn't "ready" to start before Tyrod Taylor got hurt and now he's proven to be better than Tyrod and getting better. Likewise ... Robert Hunt wasn't ready to start but they had to play him anyway and he did really well.

Armando criticized Flores for not having vision and waiting until the wheels fall off so he is forced to play Tua. He also said it ridiculous to think Fitz is any different now than he has been for the last 15 years. A few good games ... a few bad games.

My thoughts are the Dolphins are continually screwed for the near future by not playing him now. Fitz will be fighting for a useless playoff spot until the end of the season and while everyone else is developing Tua will still be a redshirt rookie QB next year. As well ... according to the way Flores thinks Fitz may still be the QB next year.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 09:37:30 am by CF DolFan » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2020, 11:28:32 am »

Armando and Joe Rose were discussing Justin Herbert compared to the Tua situation. They said Herbert, like Tua, wasn't "ready" to start before Tyrod Taylor got hurt and now he's proven to be better than Tyrod and getting better. Likewise ... Robert Hunt wasn't ready to start but they had to play him anyway and he did really well.

Armando criticized Flores for not having vision and waiting until the wheels fall off so he is forced to play Tua. He also said it ridiculous to think Fitz is any different now than he has been for the last 15 years. A few good games ... a few bad games.

My thoughts are the Dolphins are continually screwed for the near future by not playing him now. Fitz will be fighting for a useless playoff spot until the end of the season and while everyone else is developing Tua will still be a redshirt rookie QB next year. As well ... according to the way Flores thinks Fitz may still be the QB next year.

Some valid points but the situation is very fluid. If Fitz starts to suck, then it is Tua time. However, if Fitz keeps rattling off good games, we will be winning games and in the playoff hunt. You can't take a good QB out during a playoff hunt, you will lose the team. We care about the future, not the guy in his 30s who gets his ass kicked every Sunday and doesn't know when the next snap could be his last.

All that being said, it would be surprising if Tua doesn't get at least 6 games in. If he doesn't, then he failed a physical or we're going to the playoffs.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2020, 12:12:34 pm »

The difference is that both players HAD to start. Don't know what you don't get about this. Just because those players stepped up to the challenge doesn't mean that Tua will. There's plenty of examples of players being forced into playing and not playing well. When Tua NEEDS to start, he will. Before then you're forcing the issue when it doesn't need to be forced.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2020, 12:16:21 pm »

The difference is that both players HAD to start. Don't know what you don't get about this. Just because those players stepped up to the challenge doesn't mean that Tua will. There's plenty of examples of players being forced into playing and not playing well. When Tua NEEDS to start, he will. Before then you're forcing the issue when it doesn't need to be forced.
Like when Tua as a Freshman was thrown into the National Championship game and won?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray