Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:38:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Is it time for Tua yet?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Is it time for Tua yet?  (Read 5880 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: October 05, 2020, 01:18:36 pm »

I was pretty upset we didn't see him with 4 minutes left and no realistic chance to win the game so now every losing game we go without playing him will bother me more and more. Dolphins are like number 3 for sacks allowed which is pretty damned good. It's time to move forward and start the learning curve for our most important player.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 02:07:40 pm »

It was time for Tua in week 1, so yes.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 02:38:08 pm »

Not just yet, we are competitive and the O-Line is still gelling. If Fitz has a brutal game next week, then maybe the following week against the garbage Broncos.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 04:38:17 pm »

That young man will get destroyed playing behind that line right now. Dave, I thought you actually liked Tua. Cheesy

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 05:01:35 pm »

That young man will get destroyed playing behind that line right now. Dave, I thought you actually liked Tua. Cheesy

From what I have read, the Line is doing a solid job at protecting the QB but a very poor job of opening up lanes for our running backs. I'd rather that than the reverse.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 05:27:13 pm »

True. You're right. Not a one of these guys can run block.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 05:43:15 pm »

^ if our guys can't run block, then why are we running up the gut more often than any other team except the Texans? (78% of our runs prior to the Seahawks game). Oddly enough, that appears to be divisional disease. Four of the top eight teams in terms of who runs up the gut the most often are the AFC East. (Although we're in the lead by a very healthy margin over even the Jets).
Seafort

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 07:34:43 pm »

Next year, maybe....if the offensive line has gelled. Otherwise we're following the 76ers Process:

1. Get a very high first round pick in Year 1
2. Don't play that very high Year 1 pick ("injuries", "lack of seasoning"). Your team is little better as a result
3. Get a very high first round pick in Year 2
4. Don't play that very high Year 2 pick ("injuries", "lack of seasoning"). Give some playing time to your Year 1 lottery pick. Your team is somewhat better, but still a dumpster fire
5. Get a very high first round pick in Year 3
6. Play all three Very High First Round Picks at the same time for the subsequent Year 3.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 02:35:01 am »

The 76ers suck and the Process failed.  Meanwhile, the Heat are back in the Finals, while having never drafted earlier than 10th since LeBron left.

I have only one condition for starting Tua:  after Flores pulls that trigger, Fitzpatrick had better not start another game as a Dolphin unless Tua is in street clothes.  It's 100% ride or die from the moment Tua gets his first start.  I'm still dismayed by how they handled Rosen last year.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 08:22:49 am »

Next year, maybe....if the offensive line has gelled. Otherwise we're following the 76ers Process:

1. Get a very high first round pick in Year 1
2. Don't play that very high Year 1 pick ("injuries", "lack of seasoning"). Your team is little better as a result
3. Get a very high first round pick in Year 2
4. Don't play that very high Year 2 pick ("injuries", "lack of seasoning"). Give some playing time to your Year 1 lottery pick. Your team is somewhat better, but still a dumpster fire
5. Get a very high first round pick in Year 3
6. Play all three Very High First Round Picks at the same time for the subsequent Year 3.

I understand your logic, but the big difference is that basketball has 5 starters.  So the "three Very High First Round Picks" that you talk about represent 60% of the starting lineup which is obviously a substantial part of the team.  In football, you have 22 starters (not counting special team) so "three Very High First Round Picks" only represent 13.6% of the starting lineup.  13.6% can make a difference of course, but nowhere near the impact that 60% does. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 08:27:50 am »

it will be time for Tua when we get past the 49'ers and are playing the part of the schedule where we should have a chance to win games and if Fitzpatrick is not providing enough offense to win those games. Until then Fitzpatrick is NOT the reason we aren't winning. He's doing his part so far in holding things together and making us competitive, but after the 49'ers game it will be time to start winning some of these games. If he fails to do that, then it will be time to give Tua his chance to see if he can do it or if not, get some valuable playing experience.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 08:57:11 am »

Flores confused the media yesterday. First he said Tua checks all the boxes, has no health issues from the hip, and is ready to play. He then follows up with saying Tua if Tua was his kid and he wouldn't want to put his kid in after such a bad injury.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 09:31:36 am »

Flores confused the media yesterday. First he said Tua checks all the boxes, has no health issues from the hip, and is ready to play. He then follows up with saying Tua if Tua was his kid and he wouldn't want to put his kid in after such a bad injury.

I saw that too.  I never put any stock in anything that politicians or sports coaches say to the media. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 09:43:19 am »

I think you left out the important part of that statement. He continued with "I wouldn’t want his coach to be in a rush to put him in there because of media pressure... No one is going to pressure me into doing anything.” Nothing has changed from last year when everyone was saying they should start Rosen just for the sake of seeing him play. He's going to play whenever Flores thinks Tua gives him the best chance to win the game. Right now that's apparently Fitz.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 10:09:46 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2020, 09:49:15 am »

I think you left out the important part of that statement. He continued with "The press is not going to pressure me into playing anyone". Nothing has changed from last year when everyone was saying they should start Rosen just for the sake of seeing him play. He's going to play whenever Flores thinks Tua gives him the best chance to win the game. Right now that's apparently Fitz.
That will never happen then. There is no way when Tua comes in he will be better than Fitz in orchestrating our offense from the get go. That's the whole reason of letting him get in and start making those mistakes so he can learn from them.

BTW ...  that's why many people think Flores isn't playing him. He's still in the whole "I make the choices" mode where he feels he has to keep people in check.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray