Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:49:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  NBA coming back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NBA coming back  (Read 4690 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2020, 11:24:10 am »

Seems like decidedly less enthusiasm on this board than there was for the Heatles.  Some of that is to be expected - the 2020 Heat are a Cinderella team - but you guys should be excited about a good team with a young core that wants to stay in Miami.  If the Heat pick up a good piece in the offseason, they could be the Warriors of the Eastern Conference.

It's harder to be a big supporter of the team on the Internet right now because we're not supposed to be there.  We're outclassed.  But we're still finding a way to get it done.  There's not a lot to analyze.  It's hard to look at matchups and figure out how you're going to deal with Duncan Jones getting switched to Lebron James.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2020, 11:34:17 pm »

Duncan Robinson does ok. Tyler Herro does ok.

The moment we lost Dragic and Bam for a few games the series was realistically over.

Dragic was our leading scorer in the playoffs and helped set the tempo for our team.

Other than Dragic (and butler) the team is so very young. They have massive cap space available and could sign 1 maybe 2 more max type players in 2021.  while still retaining Bam/herro/duncan on their team. They're setup for long term success.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2020, 10:50:39 pm »

Anybody else notice that the “Bubble” leagues, NBA and NHL didn’t have any Corona issues while MLB and NFL have had serious issues with the virus?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2020, 10:51:57 pm »

Heat in 6

and just to re-iterate:

Whatcha say?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2020, 12:16:52 pm »

Anybody else notice that the “Bubble” leagues, NBA and NHL didn’t have any Corona issues while MLB and NFL have had serious issues with the virus?

Much smaller team and staff size. Not saying that is the only factor, but an NBA team has around 14 players, an NFL team has almost that money on the field at any given time.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2020, 09:51:38 am »

NBA did a superb job, IMO.  I couldn't have asked for a better basketball experience considering the hand they were dealt.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray