Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:39:12 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  HEAT/Lakers Analysis
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HEAT/Lakers Analysis  (Read 1355 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: October 07, 2020, 01:43:15 pm »

Spider mentioned the other day that there didn't seem to be a buzz about the HEAT and that kinda struck me.

So, here are my thoughts and maybe it will show why I've not been too vocal about it:

I can't believe we're here, playing at this level.  The Lakers are just a much more dominant force than we are.  They're larger, more skilled.  We're playing well, coached well, getting every bit of juice out of it, but it's just not sustainable.

Even in cases where we can hang in there (or even win games) we have to do miraculous stuff.  In the game last night, we kept it close, had the lead a few times...we didn't get embarrassed or anything, but Duncan Jones was bank-shot-ing 3s with the clock expiring and Anthony Davis was getting Alley-Oop dunks on the other end.  In the game we won, Jimmy Butler had to go off.  It's just's really, really unlikely to happen 4 times in a 7 game series.

I saw this with the Heatles, too.  If the HEAT could keep it close, they were going to win.  Because in the last minute, it was going to come down to Lebron (or Wade or Bosh) vs their guy.  And ours were just better in the crunch.  It's the same thing here.

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 10:14:26 pm »

Thank God it’s over. Your Los Angeles Lakers are 17X CHAMPIONS. I’m so relieved. I know that a game 7 would have been a Miami win. Let’s go Lakerrrrrs!!!

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray