Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:10:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Does release schedule affect how you steam shows?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Does release schedule affect how you steam shows?  (Read 674 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: October 13, 2020, 01:17:27 pm »

Amazon released The Boys - Season 1 all at once.
Then, when The Boys - Season 2 came out, it had gotten popular enough that they released it weekly?

I can't speak for others, but I didn't start watching until the whole season was out.  Maybe I was little sour with having to pay for something that was then being withheld from me.  But also, I'd started watching this show a certain way, watching several episodes a week, and then it changed and I just wasn't on board with that.

Yet, there are other shows that come out weekly, like The Mandalorian or Star Trek Discovery where I'm OK with the wait.  ...maybe it's because they started in that model, or that the show is dense enough or allows for enough speculation or watercooler conversation that it doesn't bother me as much.

Additionally, to go a step further, there are some shows I won't start until the SERIES has ended and I know that the reception is positive.  I don't want to go down the path of watching a show for a few seasons only to have it cancelled.  This is rare, but it does happen.

There's just so much breadth and depth of good TV right now that I am specific in what I'll stand for.  There's always other shows around the corner and I don't like being dicked with.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 09:51:28 pm »

I don't watch st: discovery until the entire season is out. same with the boys season 2. maybe now i'll watch it
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray