Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:42:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Jets Release Bell
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Jets Release Bell  (Read 2509 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: October 13, 2020, 09:15:29 pm »

They are going to eat $15 Million in dead money.

The team basically sided with Gase and dumped Bell despite the damage it would do to the team, so I doubt they fire him any time soon. What a shit franchise.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 08:49:47 am »

A big mouth paired with small talent is usually not a good career combination. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 09:15:27 am »

Bleacher report has Miami as a possible landing spot for Bell

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2913368-potential-landing-spots-for-leveon-bell-after-jets-release-veteran-rb
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 09:46:55 am »

I would really hope we don't. Great player but if he wasn't happy on a team like Pittsburgh I don't think there is no chance in heck he would work out here.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 09:53:12 am »

Terrible fit in Miami. Our problem isn't our running backs, it's our O-Line. Bell would look just like the other guys we have. Plus, we're not a contender yet. Just don't see the fit.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 10:35:00 am »

Terrible fit in Miami. Our problem isn't our running backs, it's our O-Line. Bell would look just like the other guys we have. Plus, we're not a contender yet. Just don't see the fit.

Why do you not think we are a contender yet?  We have the highest point differential in the AFCE.  Our losses (except NE) were very close and to two supposed Superbowl contenders.  We beat the Jets we're at .500 going into the bye.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 11:45:05 am »

Why do you not think we are a contender yet?  We have the highest point differential in the AFCE.  Our losses (except NE) were very close and to two supposed Superbowl contenders.  We beat the Jets we're at .500 going into the bye.

I can see us surprising people and going 9-7, but that doesn't make us a contender. We have no run blocking and our defense still isn't there yet. I imagine Bell would want to go to a Superbowl contender, not a Wild Card contender.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 01:44:40 pm »

Everyone keeps putting Miami in the top three for him. I sure hope that doesn't happen but Flores wants to win now.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 01:49:20 pm »

Everyone keeps putting Miami in the top three for him. I sure hope that doesn't happen but Flores wants to win now.

I see this too and it's bizarre because the other two teams are the Chiefs and Bills. If I were Bell and I wanted to win now, I sign with the Superbowl champs or the 4-1 Bills. Miami is up and coming but unless the contract is for more than this year, really shouldn't be us.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 02:11:37 pm »

He lives in Miami and they assume he will gets lots of ball time to show out for this one year deal.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 02:13:00 pm »

You guys seriously have to be the most depressing Dolphins fans in America.  Other Dolphins communities aren't this negative.  Do I want Bell on this team?  Hell yes!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 02:28:34 pm »

hahaha ... what's depressing about not wanting a guy who whines when his teammates out performs him, talked bad about his QB, and was generally a cancer unless it was all about him? Pittsburgh still doesn't want him back.  Bell experienced the best years of his career in Pittsburgh, earning two First-Team All-Pro selections and even entering some Hall of Fame discussions. However, the Steelers don’t want any unnecessary drama or extra baggage this season. They’ve had enough of that over the past three years.

It's silly to me to bring in a potential cancer for one year. For the first time in forever it doesn't seem like we have one.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 02:30:11 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2020, 03:16:57 pm »

hahaha ... what's depressing about not wanting a guy who whines when his teammates out performs him, talked bad about his QB, and was generally a cancer unless it was all about him? Pittsburgh still doesn't want him back.  Bell experienced the best years of his career in Pittsburgh, earning two First-Team All-Pro selections and even entering some Hall of Fame discussions. However, the Steelers don’t want any unnecessary drama or extra baggage this season. They’ve had enough of that over the past three years.

It's silly to me to bring in a potential cancer for one year. For the first time in forever it doesn't seem like we have one.

I'm leaning towards this as well. If we were a legit championship contender but needed a RB, then sure. However, 9-7 is our ceiling this year and if he won't be around next year without costing big money, then why bother?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2020, 04:11:37 pm »

Just to clarify: when you talk about "potential cancer," do you mean like Minkah Fitzpatrick, who was a "cancer" until being traded to the winless Steelers... at which point he started balling out and made first-team All-Pro?

Bell will be on an extremely friendly deal.  When you have the chance to get a talented player on the cheap, you do it.  This is one of the things that Flores is supposed to be copying from Belichick, right?

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 05:21:51 pm »

for the record the patriots would take him no question
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray