Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:50:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Gadchaux Torn Bicep
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gadchaux Torn Bicep  (Read 592 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« on: October 14, 2020, 11:36:40 am »

Defensive Tackles don't get a lot of media attention but Godchaux has been a rock in the middle of the line.  He tore a bicep in the SF game and will be put on IR.  At least I think he is going to be on IR.   A torn bicep, depending on how bad the tear is can be a real sonofabitch to recover from.  I am an amateur bodybuilder and I tore my bicep in my right arm two years ago.  To repair it, they do what is called a tenodesis.  If it is torn at the top end like mine was, they will remove the bicep from where it attaches to the shoulder, cut part of it off, and then re-attach it with a screw to the top of the humerus bone.  It was about 6 months before I could start lifting weights again and about 10 months before I was back to lifting at "full strength" again.  If his tear is down towards the elbow, it is a completely different procedure and I'm not knowledgeable enough about that procedure to even begin to try to talk about it here.  Hopefully his is just a partial tear and the surgery won't be as drastic as mine was. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 11:46:09 am »

He is either out until the end of the season or done right now. Odds are, he is done right now and now becomes a free agent, very bad timing for him.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray