Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:39:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tua is the Week 8 Starter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tua is the Week 8 Starter  (Read 1205 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: October 20, 2020, 11:43:37 am »

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1318575233004113922

Was it always the plan to make him the starter after our bye week? Because Fitz is playing well, the team is doing well and having your first game against the Rams defense is not a very warm welcome. This seems very abrupt but LFG.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 11:46:04 am »

LFG, indeed.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 12:39:11 pm »

Should we start him?  Should he sit?  It doesn't matter anymore, LEEEESSSSSSSGGGGOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 12:51:17 pm »

Should we start him?  Should he sit?  It doesn't matter anymore, LEEEESSSSSSSGGGGOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This is where I'm at.

I will say, though....this is really a weird choice.  I'm happy for it, so whatever.   ...but what did you see against the two throws at the Jets that made you think this is the time?  Or why didn't he start against the Jets?

I don't think Fitz played great this week...he was kinda up and down with his play, but the team, as a whole, seems to be playing well.

Weird time to make the switch, but whatever....let's do it.  I'm on board.  You can't go back now.

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 12:58:56 pm »

^^^ It just came to my attention that we're on BYE this week, which makes this all so much clearer.  I get it now. 

Carry on.

I drink your milkshake!
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 01:20:52 pm »

What is the worst that could happen?  We could throw him out there, feel he isn't the guy after a few years, and have him become an all-star for the Titans?  Oh, wait...

Yeah - rough week for you debut.  But, I'm all in. I love this kid and I think he's the good.  I echo - let's go!

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 01:47:47 pm »

^^^ It just came to my attention that we're on BYE this week, which makes this all so much clearer.  I get it now. 

Carry on.

Yeah, this is 100% the reason. I think originally we were going to start him after the bye week so he could have an easy game against the Jets but the schedules changed and they wnated him to have the bye to prepare, regardless of opponent.

The timing is better this way too because the original schedule would've had us 10 games in before the Jets. What if we were 6-4 and in the middle of a playoff hunt? Can't switch QBs now unless Fitz imploded, not fair to the team.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 01:50:15 pm »

I understand the timing, it's the BYE week, gives Tua 2 weeks to work with the 1st team OFF and gameplan for the LA Rams

Like I said earlier in the NY Jets game ball thread, that game was a complete microcosm of Fitzpatrick's career:
1st half: lights them up for 3 TDs, throws the pick in the EZ while staring down the WR
2nd half: 4 punts, a FG, and another INT

The guy has been a great QB for what MIA was trying to do, transitioning when Flore took over. I believe he has helped Tua as well, with the attitude and learning things along the way

We might as well see what he's got.  We got 10 games to see what MIA has moving forward and he's the answer.  I'm looking forward to seeing him, good or bad, cause this org needs to know what they need to do in the off-season, especially with having 2-1st round picks in 2021 and possibly a top-5 pick with HOU playing so poorly.

Let's Go Phins!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather be lucky than good.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 03:42:48 pm »

Honestly, I don’t get the reason for announcing it.Tell the team, don’t sweat it if it leaks, but don’t make it an official announcement until the day of the game.  Let the Rams think they need to prepare for Fitz.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 07:36:17 pm »

Why did they announce it right now?

Wouldn't it be better to wait until just before the game?  That way, the Rams are surprised because they are preparing for Fitzpatrick.

I don't agree with this decision.  If they were not in a playoff race, I would say yes, but since they are, I think you need to go with Fitzpatrick until you are out of it.

Edit: For the record, I immediately came home from work, went right to this site, went right to this thread, and posted this.  I did not see Hoodie's post at all.

There is a precedent for this strategy in the sport of baseball

In the 1924 World Series, the Senators sent a decoy pitcher to the mound to start the game.  Then, after that pitcher had faced just two batters, they replaced him with a pitcher who had secretly been warming up under the stands.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 12:53:43 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 07:48:25 am »

They didn't announce it, it was leaked.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 08:52:47 am »

There was no way that no one would've found out and proof of that is they didn't announce it. Once reporters saw Tua taking all the first team reps, they would've put 2 and 2 together.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray