Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:06:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  I'm going to ask it right now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I'm going to ask it right now  (Read 1888 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2020, 03:06:16 pm »

Tua.

Fitzpatrick is high risk/reward, but Tua is the better player.

We won this game with circus stuff...a dump off the was broken for a huge play and a circus throw during a facemask while the raiders played prevent.  This is not sustainable.

All the credit to Fitzpatrick for winning this game -- I want to take nothing from him.  But I'd rather start Tua.
Great perspective IMO. I completely agree with you Dave.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2020, 03:14:22 pm »

Tua.

We won this game with circus stuff...a dump off the was broken for a huge play and a circus throw during a facemask while the raiders played prevent.  This is not sustainable.

All the credit to Fitzpatrick for winning this game -- I want to take nothing from him.  But I'd rather start Tua.

I've been kind of waffling back and forth on this one, but that is a very solid take you have there, Dave.  I especially like your comment about Fitzy being "high risk/reward".   I think that is a very accurate assessment.  As of right now, he has a higher ceiling than Tua (at this stage of Tua's learning/development he is holding onto the ball a little too long waiting for a receiver to be REALLY open) but he also has a lower floor than Tua because Fitzy will take some crazy chances with the ball that can lead to turnovers. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2020, 11:06:10 am »

I've been kind of waffling back and forth on this one, but that is a very solid take you have there, Dave.  I especially like your comment about Fitzy being "high risk/reward".   I think that is a very accurate assessment.  As of right now, he has a higher ceiling than Tua (at this stage of Tua's learning/development he is holding onto the ball a little too long waiting for a receiver to be REALLY open) but he also has a lower floor than Tua because Fitzy will take some crazy chances with the ball that can lead to turnovers.  
I thought this was a good article discussing the pros and cons of both QB's. I think moving the ball on offense outweighs the slight more risk of a possible turnover. That's just my opinion, but I think it's a good discussion. For example a lot has been said that the 59 yard play was mostly Myles Gaskin and not Fitz, but what they fail to take into consideration is that Fitz had gone down the field twice to Gisecki just prioir to that play which undoubtedly loosened up the defense so that Gaskin had more room to work his magic. One may not have been possible without the other.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/12/27/22201360/tua-tagovailoa-benched-ryan-fitzpatrick-dolphins-raiders
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:10:13 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2020, 09:41:51 pm »

Apparently, it was already announced that Tua is the starter.

I love this announcement. Kill off any chance for the media or anyone else to manufacture a Quarterback controversy story...

Tua.

Fitzpatrick doesn't give Miami  a better chance to win each game. What he does provide a better chance of is the gunslinger magic of a comeback. That means he's also more likely to implode. Tua starts for that reason.

Agree with all of this.  Don't forget Tua has been robbed of his primary deep targets in Parker and Williams, the next best he was looking at was Grant (yuck). Hopefully he will gel more with Ford with another week of reps.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2020, 02:24:18 pm »

Tau starts.  Fitz out.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray