Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:41:14 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Are We Happy with 10-6?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Are We Happy with 10-6?  (Read 1030 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: December 31, 2020, 10:06:53 am »

For argument's sake, we lose on Sunday and miss the playoffs. Overall, are we happy with this season? I know we won't be happy losing on Sunday and missing the playoffs, but overall from your expectations for this year and beyond, would you say this season was a succesful one?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 10:24:54 am »

For argument's sake, we lose on Sunday and miss the playoffs. Overall, are we happy with this season? I know we won't be happy losing on Sunday and missing the playoffs, but overall from your expectations for this year and beyond, would you say this season was a succesful one?
For sure this season was successful regardless of the BUF game.  We are trending in the right direction, have 4 picks in the first two rounds, a draft pick in the top 5 and we still have a good amount of free agency money to spend on someone like Chris Godwin or whoever.  Miami will only get better.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 10:50:19 am »

For sure this season was successful regardless of the BUF game.  We are trending in the right direction, have 4 picks in the first two rounds, a draft pick in the top 5 and we still have a good amount of free agency money to spend on someone like Chris Godwin or whoever.  Miami will only get better.

That's pretty much my thinking too. It won't be on Sunday if they lose but in the grand scheme of things, hard not to be excited for 2021 and have Superbowl aspirations.

OF COURSE, this is made easier as long as the Texans lose on Sunday and we pick 3rd or 4th. If they win, we can drop all the way to 10th if things go against us.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 10:59:36 am »

I was just thinking about that this morning.  I hope that if the Dolphins get blown out on Sunday that it doesn't leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth for the season.  I would be happy with a 10-6 record, but more importantly I'm happy with how the team developed this year.  They are ahead of schedule compared to what my expectations were for turning this thing around. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 01:46:25 pm »

Yes, I think so.

If you could've offered 10-6 before the year, I think most of us would have taken it.

There are always regrets.  Losing the season out to the Bills will be one of them, as will the Broncos game, most notably, but I think you have to be happy with the direction.

I drink your milkshake!
BeanCounter

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 02:04:49 pm »

I’m happy with 10-6.  If we are going to be 11-5, it’s going to be Tua that leads us there.  Fitzpatrick tested positive for Covid and is out Sunday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30629629/miami-dolphins-qb-ryan-fitzpatrick-tests-positive-covid-19-vs-buffalo-bills-per-reports
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 02:30:27 pm »

I’m happy with 10-6.  If we are going to be 11-5, it’s going to be Tua that leads us there.  Fitzpatrick tested positive for Covid and is out Sunday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30629629/miami-dolphins-qb-ryan-fitzpatrick-tests-positive-covid-19-vs-buffalo-bills-per-reports

That fucking sucks. Tua has not been deemed a close contact and it better stay that way otherwise it's over.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2020, 06:23:24 pm »

I will not be happy unless they make the playoffs.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2020, 07:05:28 pm »

^ I'm pretty sure you'll keep moving those goalposts in perpetuity.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2020, 07:13:08 pm »

That fucking sucks. Tua has not been deemed a close contact and it better stay that way otherwise it's over.

Do we have a third string quarterback on our roster? 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 08:04:34 pm »

We do now. Jake Rudock. He's been on and off the Dolphins' practice squad. Played a few games for the Lions 3 years ago.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 08:05:17 pm »

We do but like all 3rd string QBs, if you have to use him then you lost the game.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2021, 10:34:00 am »

I will not be happy unless they make the playoffs.

Glad to hear you say that.  Nothing gives the rest of us more confidence that we are right about something than having you disagree with us. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray