Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:34:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls - Jets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game Balls - Jets  (Read 1177 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 18, 2020, 07:07:01 pm »

Fitzmagic

Gaskin

Flores

Ogbah

Can I ask, did he really sack somebody for a loss of 20 plus yards or is my feed messed up?

Can we give one to the Jets for sucking so much?  I don't even think Miami was as bad as this last year.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 07:24:11 pm »

Gaskins for me

I want to pick tua though lol
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:52:35 pm »

Game wasn’t broadcast where I live so I’m going off of highlights and stat lines.
Fitzy

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 06:42:44 am »

Fitz was very inaccurate, especially down the stretch.

Gaskin. He found holes up the middle and bounced outside when everything was clogged up. I really like his vision. He's a fairly small back, but makes up for it effort and vision. First time in a couple of years we've had a player with 100+ yards rushing. (Getting out in front early sure helps, so that's clearly a big part of it.)

Ogbah and Wilkins get the honorable mention for a dominating performance on D.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 08:07:37 am »

Whole Defense gets the ball.

Fitzy wasn't that good, felt like our offense played down to our competition this week. Should've at least been a 30 point win. The 2020 Jets are basically where we were at this time last year. Difference being, they don't have a plan for the future.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 08:36:37 am »

^ It sure is a lot more fun to watch a Gase-led team in full meltdown when said team isn't the Dolphins.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 08:47:54 am »

When Tua came into the game at the end, I was running around screaming like a madman.

Tua gets my game ball, just for giving us a glimpse at the future...which looks pretty bright.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 01:29:48 pm »

I'm giving to the Dolphins DEF and Gaskin, who continues to be the workhorse and grind out the tough yards

Was nice to see the Defense pitch a shutout, the first time since 2016 IIRC

Fitzpatrick, while he did play well in the 1st half, he stared down Gesicki for hist 1st pick. He has a habit of doing this.  The 2nd half was not so kind to him and this whole game was a mircocosm of his career

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 09:03:46 am »

I'm giving to the Dolphins DEF and Gaskin, who continues to be the workhorse and grind out the tough yards

Was nice to see the Defense pitch a shutout, the first time since 2016 IIRC

Fitzpatrick, while he did play well in the 1st half, he stared down Gesicki for hist 1st pick. He has a habit of doing this.  The 2nd half was not so kind to him and this whole game was a mircocosm of his career

After watching the game, this pretty sums up my thoughts.

Game ball to Gaskin - for those of us who wondered what Gailey saw in this guy a few weeks ago, what a rebuke! 5.25 yards a carry rushing is nothing to be scoffed at, while his receiving was equally as efficient and effective. I think the offensive line did a better job in opening rushing lanes at times too.  

Honorable mentions to all of the defense, and more specifically Ogbah, Wilkins, Rowe and Howard (who is starting to play like an elite corner again).

Just quietly Grant had a very nice game on kick returns and receiving.

We got the good and bad Fitzpatrick in the one game - excellent right up to that first interception at the end of the half, and very poor after that.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:34:23 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 09:31:14 am »

Ogbah

Can I ask, did he really sack somebody for a loss of 20 plus yards or is my feed messed up?

Yes he did, although there was a mighty assist by Eric Rowe on a safety blitz who flushed Flacco out of the pocket and drove him most of the way back before being blocked. After that Ogbah was past his blocker and had a clean shot at the QB to get the sack and the glory.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 03:16:20 pm »

^ It sure is a lot more fun to watch a Gase-led team in full meltdown when said team isn't the Dolphins.

This!!!
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2020, 08:00:35 am »

I'm giving an extra HM to LB Kamu Grugier-Hill. While he only played in 25% of defensive snaps, he came back into the game after having the bone of a finger poke through the skin (unsure if it was a break or a dislocation). The wound got sutured up, the finger wrapped and with a cast, and back in he came. Against the freakin', stinkin' Jets.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/kamu-grugier-hill-now-leads-nfl-in-exposed-bones-01emz95a5jbh

(no photos of the injury in the link)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2020, 02:52:20 pm »

I'm giving an extra HM to LB Kamu Grugier-Hill. While he only played in 25% of defensive snaps, he came back into the game after having the bone of a finger poke through the skin (unsure if it was a break or a dislocation). The wound got sutured up, the finger wrapped and with a cast, and back in he came. Against the freakin', stinkin' Jets.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/kamu-grugier-hill-now-leads-nfl-in-exposed-bones-01emz95a5jbh

(no photos of the injury in the link)

I just read that story.  What a badass!!!!   Refreshing to see a manly man in this day and age of the soy boy.   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray