Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:58:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Scoring or Not Scoring Part II
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scoring or Not Scoring Part II  (Read 865 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 25, 2020, 08:13:30 pm »

Today we had a slightly different situation then my previous thread on this topic.

The Falcons were winning and could have run the clock down, but the player ran too and could not stop himself from scoring.  The Lions came back and won

This also happened in Super Bowl XLVI, when Ahmad Bradshaw hesitated before scoring, although Eli shouted at him not to score.  The Patriots nearly won that game on a Hail Mary, which to this day, remains the only lucky thing Brady HASN'T gotten in his career.

Another example were in 2009, when MJD did it against the Jets.

Miami had a chance to do this in 2008 against the Texans, but scored.  Matt Schaub answered with a quarterback draw to win.

What do you think?  Is it better to take the touchdown and hope your defense makes the stop?  Or run the clock down and try the game winning field goal?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 09:39:16 am »

Absolutely false.  The Falcons were losing, not winning.

If you are winning and can run out the clock, it is a no brainer.  (Unless. you are Joe Pisarcik.). But this is not what occurred.

The Falcons were down by 2.  The needed to score again.  Running out the clock was NoT an option unless they wanted to lose.

The issue was run down the clock and ATTEMPT a field goal or attempt to score a touchdown. 

This is becoming a pattern with you the posting of absolutely false descriptions of a game situations.  On multiple times I have had to correct your utterly bogus description   Cease and desist.

This thread is now locked.  While a discussion of whether running down the clock or immediately scoring is a worthy discussion.  That was not what this thread is about.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray