Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:24:38 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Fox News calls it for 46th President Joe Biden
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Fox News calls it for 46th President Joe Biden  (Read 5374 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2020, 01:33:47 pm »

The GOP is pretty obsessed with identity politics, I wouldn't put it past them. Hell the proud boys put up a token minority into a leadership position and then got rid of him and went full nazi after the election.
You are seriously funny. The Proud Boys were never right wing and you know it. They didn't token anyone. There are a lot of minorities and even gays in the Proud Boys. Left = identity politics.  It's the left that wants to call people out by race, age, or eve who they vote for. Ask a minority that is conservative who has sprouted the racial hatred towards them and it's never the conservatives.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2020, 01:35:23 pm »

You are seriously funny. The Proud Boys were never right wing and you know it. They didn't token anyone. There are a lot of minorities and even gays in the Proud Boys.

I guess you haven't been paying attention to the Proud Boys the last couple of days?

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2020, 01:42:53 pm »

I guess you haven't been paying attention to the Proud Boys the last couple of days?
You mean the racist they kicked out that is trying stage a coup? He isn't the Proud Boys. In fact ... he isn't even in the Proud boys any longer.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2020, 03:10:24 pm »

You mean the racist they kicked out that is trying stage a coup? He isn't the Proud Boys. In fact ... he isn't even in the Proud boys any longer.

CF defending a far-right group that condones violence against anyone that isn't far right?

Say it ain't so, Joe!!

Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2020, 03:38:06 pm »

The GOP is pretty obsessed with identity politics, I wouldn't put it past them. Hell the proud boys put up a token minority into a leadership position and then got rid of him and went full nazi after the election.

I think 2024 Republican primary comes down to Trump (or a Trump die hard protege) vs. a never Trump. Haley is neither of those two.

My way too early prediction: Mike Pompeo or Barr wins the nomination edging out Charlie Baker.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2020, 01:48:23 am »

The Proud Boys were never right wing and you know it.
So do you believe the Proud Boys are centrist, or apolitical, or what exactly?

It's hard to think of a more textbook example of conservatism than a group of self-described "western supremacists" who "believe in the great values that built the western world," to say nothing of a founder who openly declares, "The left has declared war on free speech and we've declared war on them."

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2020, 08:23:01 pm »

I have to bring this up:

Does the fact that Donald Trump got the second largest amount of votes in history mean anything?  Don't we have to consider population growth?   I mean, of course George Washington probably got one of the lowest, if not the lowest vote totals in history in his first term.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2020, 09:26:17 pm »

Does the fact that Donald Trump got the second largest amount of votes in history mean anything?
Yes.

Neither candidate in 2012 or 2016 got as many votes as Obama did in 2008.  Trump is going to wind up with ~5 million more votes than 2008 Obama.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2020, 10:27:34 pm »

Yes.

Neither candidate in 2012 or 2016 got as many votes as Obama did in 2008.  Trump is going to wind up with ~5 million more votes than 2008 Obama.
    Again, that was twelve years ago.  Surely the Population of the United States has increased by at least ten times that amount.                                                                                                                                                                                   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2020, 10:28:18 pm »

It's like comparing how much a candidate spent on their campaign in the 1920s vs today without accounting for inflation.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2020, 11:36:03 pm »

Let me try this again:

Neither candidate in 2012 or 2016 got as many votes as Obama did in 2008. Just because your election comes later, that doesn't mean you get more votes.

Surely the Population of the United States has increased by at least ten times that amount.
No, the population of the United States did not increase by "at least" 50 million over the last 12 years.  It has increased by about 22 million or so, many of whom are children or non-citizens who cannot vote.

But if you would like a more straightforward mathematical explanation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_turnout_in_United_States_presidential_elections

In 2008, about 57% of the voting eligible population turned out to vote.
This year, we don't have the final numbers yet, but it looks like about 70% of the voting eligible population turned out.  That will be the highest percentage turnout we've had in over 100 years.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2020, 11:47:40 pm »

Let me try this again:

Neither candidate in 2012 or 2016 got as many votes as Obama did in 2008. Just because your election comes later, that doesn't mean you get more votes.
No, the population of the United States did not increase by "at least" 50 million over the last 12 years.  It has increased by about 22 million or so, many of whom are children or non-citizens who cannot vote.

But if you would like a more straightforward mathematical explanation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_turnout_in_United_States_presidential_elections

In 2008, about 57% of the voting eligible population turned out to vote.
This year, we don't have the final numbers yet, but it looks like about 70% of the voting eligible population turned out.  That will be the highest percentage turnout we've had in over 100 years.

That does make more sense, my point was that you need to account for increases in population in comparing different elections.

I think such a high turnout is definitely something to be proud of as a country

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2020, 08:21:36 pm »

That does make more sense, my point was that you need to account for increases in population in comparing different elections.

I think such a high turnout is definitely something to be proud of as a country
Depends on if you are voting to vote FOR someone or AGAINST someone. My gut says this year the difference was mainly people voting AGAINST one of the candidates. Just my opinion.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray