Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:56:49 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Austin Jackson on IR
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Austin Jackson on IR  (Read 1262 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: October 09, 2020, 02:04:59 pm »

He will miss 3 weeks.

That sucks.

EDIT: Depending on how the injury replacement does, it could push back the Tua timeline. If Fitz gets sacked 6 times on Sunday, it would be very unlikely that Tua starts the following week.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 02:25:57 pm by EDGECRUSHER » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 02:17:27 pm »

Shit
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 02:34:03 pm »

That sucks.  I could be wrong, but I think I read that through the first four games, he had allowed zero sacks and committed only two penalties.  That is good for anyone.  Much less a rookie playing Left Tackle. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 02:04:57 pm »

It's actually worse than this, he may miss the entire season. Terrible sign for a rookie to get an injury this bad.
Seafort

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 09:37:42 am »

He will miss 3 weeks.

That sucks.

EDIT: Depending on how the injury replacement does, it could push back the Tua timeline. If Fitz gets sacked 6 times on Sunday, it would be very unlikely that Tua starts the following week.

At this point, if Miami (or Houston) appear on track to finish with the worst record this year I'm content with not playing Tua and using him for trade talks next year. I'd rather see Miami with Trevor Lawrence.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 03:16:10 pm »

At this point, if Miami (or Houston) appear on track to finish with the worst record this year I'm content with not playing Tua and using him for trade talks next year. I'd rather see Miami with Trevor Lawrence.

We already have 1 win so it's unlikely we finish with a worse record than the Jets.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 09:26:16 am »

I don't think Jackson is that bad. They were questioning him playing last week and then put him on IR. I think they are just being cautious.

on another note .. he's a great interview. Joe Rose had him on the other week and he is having a blast.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 10:00:03 am »

I don't think Jackson is that bad. They were questioning him playing last week and then put him on IR. I think they are just being cautious.

on another note .. he's a great interview. Joe Rose had him on the other week and he is having a blast.

Flores himself said they are looking for a long term replacement for Jackson. I am assuming he meant for 2020 and not beyond.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 10:50:00 am »

I apparently missed this. Kind of an odd quote for a guy who was questionable prior to being placed on IR.

Flores "Injuries are tough to sit here and say it’s going to be this, that, six weeks or 12 weeks. Let’s take it one day at a time.

“We’re looking for a long-term replacement."

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2020, 02:02:20 pm »

Austin returned to practice this week and while he very likely won't be playing on Sunday, it hasn't been ruled out entirely either.

Very good news for us, he was doing quite well before this injury.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2020, 04:58:22 pm »

Word from camp is he looked to be in playing shape so don't be surprised to see him play this weekend in some capacity.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 06:41:11 pm »

Word from camp is he looked to be in playing shape so don't be surprised to see him play this weekend in some capacity.

The team just activated him off the IR, so he will be playing tomorrow.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2020, 12:20:27 pm »

Looking forward to Austin Jackson's return.  So far this year I think he has played just as good if not better than any other Rookie Tackle.  And there were multiple Tackles taken before him in the draft. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray