Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:02:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls - Cardinals
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Game Balls - Cardinals  (Read 1532 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: November 08, 2020, 08:08:25 pm »

Tua, of course. Great game from him, very gritty and he showcased all of his weapons, with his greatest skill being able to turn a lost down into a gain.

HM to Sanders who nailed his 20th straight FG, a franchise record.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 09:13:53 pm »

Tua and Sanders

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 07:48:16 am »

Tua!  Tua!  Tua!
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 08:24:14 am »

Call me crazy here, but my game ball goes to Xavien Howard

He limited that cry baby DeAndre Hopkins to 3 catches for 30 yds.  every time he runs a route, he's looking around for the Ref after the pass

Yes, he had some Pass Interference calls go against him, but you know what?  He limited him from any really big plays.

A couple of those PI calls were bogus.  The one where they running down the sideline?  Bullshit, Hopkins took himself to the boundary, if X doesn't extend his arms as he goes out of bounds that's a no call.  The one on 4th & 1 where X gets his head around and actually makes a play on the ball?  Bullshit.  I can't recall the 3rd, it's slipping my mind, but it was ticky-tack

A lot of these calls give the Off WR the advantage and it's a shame.

So glad that Tua played well and settled in after the middle of the 1st Q.  Things looking Fins Up!!!!!!!

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 08:35:30 am »

Tua with the game ball here...very impressive performance from the rookie.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 09:53:55 am »

Tua for me as well.  He showed more poise than I thought he would in just his second start.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 10:18:12 am »

Tua, but it was really a great team effort by the offense
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 10:34:24 am »

Call me crazy here, but my game ball goes to Xavien Howard

He limited that cry baby DeAndre Hopkins to 3 catches for 30 yds.  every time he runs a route, he's looking around for the Ref after the pass

Yes, he had some Pass Interference calls go against him, but you know what?  He limited him from any really big plays.

A couple of those PI calls were bogus.  The one where they running down the sideline?  Bullshit, Hopkins took himself to the boundary, if X doesn't extend his arms as he goes out of bounds that's a no call.  The one on 4th & 1 where X gets his head around and actually makes a play on the ball?  Bullshit.  I can't recall the 3rd, it's slipping my mind, but it was ticky-tack

A lot of these calls give the Off WR the advantage and it's a shame.

So glad that Tua played well and settled in after the middle of the 1st Q.  Things looking Fins Up!!!!!!!

Totally agree on the BS calls on Howard, absolute rubbish calls that kept the Cards in the game when they should have been history, however...

I must give the game ball to Tua. Technically his first come from behind victory? I love the way he blanked out the potentially disastrous (and wrong) INT call to casually keep going for the first TD, and then the final drives for the tying TD and game winning FG. We got a glimpse of our future here, and I like it  Smiley

Very guilty honorable mention to Ogbah who seems really unlucky not to get a game ball from me so far this year - that blow up at the start resulting in Murray's first fumble for the year basically won us the game! Wilkins has done a lot of the grunt work and got double teamed all season, but Ogbah is well and truly making the most of it.

Huge mention to Rowe too for making that first defensive TD happen. the guy came from literally nowhere to throw that block to get Lawson to the end zone. Here in Australia you call that a 1%-er, something that may not count as a stat but can win a game  and become legendary in it's own right, they can win championships (and have won them).

Finally and not least, Flores. The guy has balls. Big ones. I think we may finally have the right coach and GM combo.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 01:52:13 pm »

Totally agree on the BS calls on Howard, absolute rubbish calls that kept the Cards in the game when they should have been history, however...

I must give the game ball to Tua. Technically his first come from behind victory? I love the way he blanked out the potentially disastrous (and wrong) INT call to casually keep going for the first TD, and then the final drives for the tying TD and game winning FG. We got a glimpse of our future here, and I like it  Smiley

Very guilty honorable mention to Ogbah who seems really unlucky not to get a game ball from me so far this year - that blow up at the start resulting in Murray's first fumble for the year basically won us the game! Wilkins has done a lot of the grunt work and got double teamed all season, but Ogbah is well and truly making the most of it.

Huge mention to Rowe too for making that first defensive TD happen. the guy came from literally nowhere to throw that block to get Lawson to the end zone. Here in Australia you call that a 1%-er, something that may not count as a stat but can win a game  and become legendary in it's own right, they can win championships (and have won them).

Finally and not least, Flores. The guy has balls. Big ones. I think we may finally have the right coach and GM combo.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 02:30:56 pm »

Flores.  The offense, defense, and special teams all seem to be performing well, in spite of having many young players.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 08:34:11 pm »

Tua absolutely killed it in his second game. The more I saw the break down of his game today the more amazed I was. A lot of things are going well but there is no doubt Tua did more than any of us expected and only his second game. He gets my ball. Honorable mention to our kicker Jason Sanders. He is certainly bad ass.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2020, 08:38:49 pm »

I wish the other pass interference calls were in the highlight package.

I don't know why you people think the first one was not pass interference.  It is textbook pass interference and gets called all the time.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2020, 02:07:03 pm »

Tua absolutely killed it in his second game. The more I saw the break down of his game today the more amazed I was. A lot of things are going well but there is no doubt Tua did more than any of us expected and only his second game. He gets my ball. Honorable mention to our kicker Jason Sanders. He is certainly bad ass.

Tua needed that one game (Rams) to get his sea legs.   Now that he's got the hang of the speed of the game at this level, good things are in store.   The fact that he went toe to toe with a former Heisman winner and more than held is own is pretty darn good. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 02:53:33 pm »

I've decided to give my game ball to Tua.  I'm not even sure if he deserves in just on football play, but I'm just titilated by having an offense that throws crisp passes.  It's just G-D exciting.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2020, 12:39:20 pm »

I've decided to give my game ball to Tua.  I'm not even sure if he deserves in just on football play, but I'm just titilated by having an offense that throws crisp passes.  It's just G-D exciting.

I re-watched the game last night and the first time around I missed how good Tua's vision is sometimes.  I don't mean "vision" as in eyesight, but as in football vision.  In several instances he was throwing to like the 3rd option and a couple of times he made throws on the run to guys that were way out of his original sight line, yet he picked them up and nailed them with crisp passes.  He seems to have really good peripheral vision and "sees the field" really well. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray