Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:05:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls - Cardinals
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Game Balls - Cardinals  (Read 1548 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2020, 12:56:02 pm »

I re-watched the game last night and the first time around I missed how good Tua's vision is sometimes.  I don't mean "vision" as in eyesight, but as in football vision.  In several instances he was throwing to like the 3rd option and a couple of times he made throws on the run to guys that were way out of his original sight line, yet he picked them up and nailed them with crisp passes.  He seems to have really good peripheral vision and "sees the field" really well.  
I distinctly remember having a conversation about this and how important it is to be able to read your progressions and defenses, yet was met with comments like "Mahomes couldn't read a defense before halfway through his second year."  and "Marino never read a defense, he just let it rip." so it wasn't all that important.   Grin
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 06:43:14 pm »

I distinctly remember having a conversation about this and how important it is to be able to read your progressions and defenses, yet was met with comments like "Mahomes couldn't read a defense before halfway through his second year."  and "Marino never read a defense, he just let it rip." so it wasn't all that important.   Grin
Yeah you're misremembering the conversation. No one ever said reading a defense wasn't important what was said was that reading a defense is not necessarily going through progressions, there's a LOT more to it then that. A LOT of reading a defense is knowing who SHOULD be open based on the routes the WR's are running and what the defense is doing. You don't necessarily have to go through progressions to find the right guy to throw the ball to. I stand by those statements and I think that's part of what he said. "Vision" is being able to know who to throw the ball to without having to go through progressions.

And let's not forget that we were talking about Justin Herbert and how he seemingly wasn't able to go through progressions. Seems like he's doing OK in the NFL without going through progressions.

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php?topic=26090.msg365733#msg365733
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 07:00:58 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray