Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:43:07 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Thoughts on the Cardinals game.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thoughts on the Cardinals game.  (Read 758 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: November 09, 2020, 12:35:10 pm »

I'm not ready to make a Game Ball declaration yet.  I admittedly had a lot going on during that game so I didn't give it my full attention.  I had it running on the iPad when I was cooking and there were a lot of distractions, so even though I followed the game, I didn't hear the full call and hear a lot of names.

That said...

Whether you're ready to hold up Tua as the next big thing or not, it's just nice to see that we have an offense that throws the ball in the direction of the guys on our team as they more or less in the general direction of the endzone.  Maybe we don't complete the passes, but there's something going on there.  It's an extremely low bar, but it's definitely progress and alleviates a lot of the frustration I've had for a while.

It's been a while since I've been able to bitch about the refs, but they were pretty awfully one-sided.  There was a PI call a few times, plus a few other shanangians where things were called catches that weren't.  I usually text with a friend during the games and I sent several complaints this time.

And lastly, I'm afraid to feel hopeful.  I'm just along for the ride for now.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 01:33:43 pm »

Join the light Dave where there is a shine of optimism.  We're waiting for you.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 01:49:57 pm »

You have to be reasonable with the hope. Can you hope for the playoffs and maybe even the division this year? Sure. Legitimate Superbowl contender? That's a big stretch.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 02:02:35 pm »

another person that made plays yesterday and I gave shit to after about 2 games this season, is Kyle Van Noy.  He's been making plays the last couple of games, whether it be tipping balls, tracking down a ball carrier, spying the QB, etc

He's played well, as well as Ogbah.

Sounds like they are getting used to each other, knowing others are going to do their job and make plays.  Guys are buying into Flores and what he is trying to accomplish.

This makes me all warm and fuzzy inside after a couple of decades of futility.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 03:28:53 pm »

You have to be reasonable with the hope. Can you hope for the playoffs and maybe even the division this year? Sure. Legitimate Superbowl contender? That's a big stretch.
are the Cardinals Superbowl contenders?  We beat them.  Are the Rams Superbowl contenders?  We beat them too.  Are the Seahawks?  Came within a score of them without our best CB.  Bills?  Only lost by 3, and I'm chomping at the bit to play them again.  I think the KC game will be a great barometer on how good we are compared to the best team in the NFL.

So my question is, why can't we be a legitimate Superbowl contender when teams we've beat and were competitive with are Superbowl contenders?  Open thy eyes, we are once again good and only getting better.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 04:27:04 pm »

I look at a Superbowl contender as a team that is inarguably Top 5. I don't think we are there yet. Perhaps that changes as the season goes on, but with absolutely no running game, hard to see it until that's fixed.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 05:31:11 pm »

I think the KC game will be a great barometer on how good we are compared to the best team in the NFL.
If MIA is in 1st place after week 12, there's an excellent chance that KC @ MIA gets flexed to Sunday night.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 01:47:41 am »

It's been a while since I've been able to bitch about the refs, but they were pretty awfully one-sided.  There was a PI call a few times, plus a few other shanangians where things were called catches that weren't.  I usually text with a friend during the games and I sent several complaints this time.

It couldn't have been any worse than my melts in the game day thread...  Grin

While I have been pleasantly surprised at the high standard of team play in the NFL this season considering all of the obstacles that Covid-19 has brought, I have been extremely disappointed in the standard of officiating across the board.

It has been on the downward slide for a few years now, but seems to have hit a new low this year. Last week early in the Bears Saints game, there was an incomplete pass in the middle of the field among a large group of refs that was called a fumble - the commentary team of Aikman and Buck highlighted just how bad it was, saying the folks reviewing it in New York would overturn it immediately during the break and be pretty disappointed this officiating crew got something so obvious so badly wrong. Ouch! 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 03:15:45 am »

The refs have consistently been erring on the side of turnover/touchdown ever since the replay change (several years ago) that made all turnovers and scoring plays reviewable.  This isn't anything new.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray