Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:30:08 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Preston Williams on Injured Reserve
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Preston Williams on Injured Reserve  (Read 702 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: November 11, 2020, 10:15:29 am »

Will miss at least 3 weeks.

That sucks, Tua was developing a great repoire with him before he got hurt on the TD. Someone has to step up the next few weeks.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 10:32:20 am »

Kirk Merritt time
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 11:16:26 am »

Kirk Merritt time

Great opportunity for people to step up and be a big part of this team. However, Preston is injured again after a shortened 2019 season and we know Devante's injury history. Our first draft pick should be a WR.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 11:28:00 am »

Great opportunity for people to step up and be a big part of this team. However, Preston is injured again after a shortened 2019 season and we know Devante's injury history. Our first draft pick should be a WR.

If it is the best value at that spot...sure. WR isn't the only need for this roster though. I'd be good with saying "one of our first/second rounders should be used on a WR, because I definitely consider it one of the more pressing needs, but I am not so eager to spend a top-10 pick on a receiver. I'd rather address the D-line at that spot...unless Penei Sewell falls to Miami, then O-line with zero hesitation.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 11:53:35 am »

We probably should have kept Isaiah Ford. Wish we would have kept Amendola too.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 12:24:16 pm »

We probably should have kept Isaiah Ford. Wish we would have kept Amendola too.
Ford is a decent chains mover, but wasn't anything special imo.  Amendola was washed up.  I think the young guys we have now are pretty green, but more explosive.  Kirk Merritt was best or second best in every WR drill at the combine.  Perry can be explosive in space, Bowden should be back soon and Calloway should be getting some playing time soon.  One of those guys has to pan out, right?
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 12:32:20 pm »

If it is the best value at that spot...sure. WR isn't the only need for this roster though. I'd be good with saying "one of our first/second rounders should be used on a WR, because I definitely consider it one of the more pressing needs, but I am not so eager to spend a top-10 pick on a receiver. I'd rather address the D-line at that spot...unless Penei Sewell falls to Miami, then O-line with zero hesitation.

LOL, you always post almost the exact same things that I would post.  We might share a brain sometimes.  That should be a truly frightening concept for you.   

Hate to see Preston Williams go on IR.  I have a love/hate relationship with him.  I am amazed at some of the things he does and then he frustrates me with missing some of the fundamentals sometimes. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 12:44:00 pm »

LOL, you always post almost the exact same things that I would post.  We might share a brain sometimes.   

You're obviously a very intelligent and reasonable person... Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 03:27:06 pm »

Disappointing to hear this news.  Was dinged up last year and now out for a few weeks now.  To be fair, you can tell when Williams went up and over the goalline, the Defender grabbed and twisted his upper ankle as he went to the ground.  Really not his fault, and I think when he got up and was dancing, he realized then it was tweaked.

Could be worse.  Hopefully, some other guys will step up.  Grant comes to mind, cause he fits the mold with the guy in the slot and Tua likes this kinda guy, quick.  He just makes me nervous the way he holds the ball for some reason.

Tell who would be in awesome in the 2021 Draft and within reach is Jaylen Waddle.  I'm sure Tua will be lobbying big time for him

Fins Up!!!!!!

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray