Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:28:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins vs Chargers Prediction
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins vs Chargers Prediction  (Read 1666 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: November 12, 2020, 09:47:48 am »

Gotta admit, I'm a little nervous about this game. Yes, the Chargers are 2-6 but all 6 of their losses have been by 1 score or less. Few better bounces of the ball and this is easily a 4-4 team if not better. Not to mention you just know Herbert wants to show everyone he should've been drafted before Tua. This is a classic trap game and I hope Flores prepares the team for another close one. In the end, I think we pull it out because we don't seem to be the team anymore that has off weeks and shitty planning, so:

Dolphins  34
Chargers  24
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 10:03:21 am »

If this game wasn't being played in Miami, I think I would actually pick the Chargers to pull off the upset.  But I think that the old "west coast team travels to the east coast" thing might help the Dolphins this week.  I also think the Chargers can be thrown on a little bit. 

Miami 31
Chargers 27
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 10:23:04 am »

Miami: 30
Chargers: 19

Let there be no doubt who the better QB is...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 10:31:19 am »

Expect another roller-coaster of a game this weekend

I think the Dolphins Def makes some plays, some key stops and I think MIA will continue to mix up the pass and run (with Ahmed & Howard) to keep LAC guessing.

Dolphins pull away late, 27-20.

Fins Up!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 10:44:34 am »

Miami 41
Chargers 10
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 11:48:25 am »

Expect another roller-coaster of a game this weekend

I think the Dolphins Def makes some plays, some key stops and I think MIA will continue to mix up the pass and run (with Ahmed & Howard) to keep LAC guessing.

Dolphins pull away late, 27-20.

Fins Up!!!!!!!!!!!!

They probably should throw Laird into the mix.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 12:14:47 pm »

If this game wasn't being played in Miami, I think I would actually pick the Chargers to pull off the upset.  But I think that the old "west coast team travels to the east coast" thing might help the Dolphins this week.  I also think the Chargers can be thrown on a little bit. 

Miami 31
Chargers 27

I was reading a few days ago, this season the home field advantage has vanished. Which would make sense as most of it stems from a favorable crowd, rather than familiar field or travel inconvenience. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 01:23:47 pm »

I don't think this game is fair for the two QBs and Tua is getting the better end of it. This team has shown no signs of going backwards. Our defense will continue to score and play well and so will Tua.

Dolphins win 31-17.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 01:41:00 pm »

I was reading a few days ago, this season the home field advantage has vanished. Which would make sense as most of it stems from a favorable crowd, rather than familiar field or travel inconvenience. 

I wasn't factoring home field advantage in specifically because of the lack of a significant crowd presence.  But I did forget that it is a 4pm kickoff instead of a 1pm kickoff which does negate the "travel factor" somewhat.  I do think that historically speaking, west coast teams do not perform as well on the east coast as they do their own coast, but honestly I don't care enough to expend any time or energy to actually look up the numbers so I could be wrong. 
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 05:26:58 pm »

Time to revisit those predictions. Wilkins and Van Noy are out for Sunday's game after being placed on the COVID list today.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-notebook-thursday-20201112-oslfex3k4fhepovf5uoq73omeq-story.html

Not sure why it's being reported as "possibly out" since the protocol requires 5 days of negative tests, which isn't doable by Sunday. The alternative would have been for the source to have been a false positive, but that wouldn't have taken long to check with an antibody test.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 06:39:45 pm »

Time to revisit those predictions. Wilkins and Van Noy are out for Sunday's game after being placed on the COVID list today.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-notebook-thursday-20201112-oslfex3k4fhepovf5uoq73omeq-story.html

Not sure why it's being reported as "possibly out" since the protocol requires 5 days of negative tests, which isn't doable by Sunday. The alternative would have been for the source to have been a false positive, but that wouldn't have taken long to check with an antibody test.

So tired of this bullshit. The healthiest people in the world are NFL players, especially ones in their 20s. No need for this nonsense.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2020, 07:02:44 pm »

So tired of this bullshit. The healthiest people in the world are NFL players, especially ones in their 20s. No need for this nonsense.

Idiocy is the "new normal". 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2020, 08:19:06 pm »

Idiocy is the "new normal". 

This virus is deadly to the elderly and those with compromised immune systems, we do a disservice to them by pretending that Kyle Van Noy is in the same amount of danger as they are, or that he is in any danger whatsoever.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2020, 10:23:18 pm »

These players are being held out not only to protect themselves, but to protect other players from getting infected.  It's crazy that anyone would be against this.

And once more: there is a range of outcomes that exist between "you survived" and "you died."  If working stiffs like you or me lose 10% of our lung capacity due to permanent damage from COVID, we'll be fine; if a linebacker loses 10% of his lung capacity, he'll be out of the league.

Please try to simulate having some concern for these players as real humans that have their own lives.  They are not simply toys to be discarded when they no longer entertain you.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2020, 10:39:40 pm »

*sigh*
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray