Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:44:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls - Chargers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Game Balls - Chargers  (Read 1250 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 15, 2020, 07:02:25 pm »

Parker

Also, to the entire special teams unit today

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 08:00:24 pm »

I'll give it to Salvon Ahmed solely because he was solid and none of our other backs can even average 3 inches a carry.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 09:11:50 pm »

I'll give it to Salvon Ahmed solely because he was solid and none of our other backs can even average 3 inches a carry.

Agreed, the guy ran hard and got some big runs when needed.  Also, fock Kalen Ballage.  Ha ha, jumping up and down, jawing with some of the Dolphins players. Dude you went down as the wrost RB yds/carry with the min number of carries.  Shut your pie hole and get back to the huddle.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 10:19:42 pm »

Parker

Also, to the entire special teams unit today
Why Parker?  He had 2 catches for 36 yards and no TDs.

Xavien Howard for me, his interception took the wind out of the chargers sails.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 11:11:36 pm »

^^^^

Recovering the onside kick

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 06:56:55 am »

Ogbah. Another sack, lots of pressure and two batted balls including a critical one in the 4th quarter,

HM to Ahmed and Needham. Needham had some really solid coverage on Keenan Allen a couple of times, including a pass knocked down, plus he had a great sack early on that helped set the tone. Needham looked bad at times last year, but when your 3rd corner can be effective against a true WR1 on those occasions where he winds up with the coverage, that's pretty impressive.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 07:07:27 am by fyo » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 08:58:58 am »

^^^^

Recovering the onside kick
Because as everyone knows, the last thing that happens in a game is always the most important. So I'm curious why not Tua for the kneel down to end the game?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 09:16:09 am »

Hi folks,

You should know me well enough by now that I don't usually comment on games I do not see in their entirety, but after watching the highlights maybe I should add to the positivity in this thread...

There is a vibe in this team right now that is a total 180 degree turn from the previous two eras under Gase and Philbin. It's genuinely team oriented, it's everyone rooting for the unknown guy who makes the big play, and that is key part of what is happening most weeks and why we are winning.

A guy called Van Hinkle makes huge plays three weeks in a row, a return fumble for a TD, a forced fumble on a kick off, a blocked punt. Wilkins gets double teamed every week so Ogbah is stepping up and making big sacks every week.

As much as I thought Reshad Jones (one of my favorite recent players) was past his best and had basically given up on the team, I seriously wondered who we were going to replace this Pro-Bowl player with? Eric Rowe comes in and all of a sudden it's Reshad who?

Ahmed comes in this week and does a pretty good job rushing - it's a trend already this year, our line really favors the smaller, nimble, opportunistic runners like him and Gaskin, potentially Breda and Grant. Howard has been reduced to a power back, but he's still effective in short yardage (an expensive one at that). He doesn't bitch about it though, he comes in and does the job (admittedly for pretty good $$$).

Xavier Howard is back to his All-Pro form and is our #1 blanket cover corner. Jones is the big signing, plus we have a #1 pick as our nickel/relief but make no mistake, Howard is making our defense be able to pass rush the hell out of opposing QBs. As Bill Cower said pre-game before the Arizona game, with our blitzing tactics it's either feast or famine as we are going man-on-man more often than not now, and Howard is a huge factor in it being a lot more feast...

The nameless guys on the offensive line... well most of them have been nameless most weeks because there haven't been massive blow ups. Karras mis-snap this game was the obvious rarity in what has been a pretty good year so far in regard to protecting the QB and not committing dumb screw ups and penalties, two weak points in our recent resume up until now. Kindley and Hunt have been instant anchors on the right side. Plus that's with Erik Flowers there too on the left, I seriously thought WTF are you signing this turnstile from the Giants? He's been damn good as a left guard, and for the first time in some years we are not worrying every play about our Quarterback getting mauled...  

Parker makes a clutch catch, and Gesicki , and Smythe, and Grant... Williams last week. We seem to have sticky hands when we need it... Oh, and Sanders just keeps on kicking clutch FGs (apart from the odd miss today that did not cost us).

All this is before saying a word about Tua. The team is doing a good job taking the pressure off his shoulders, it's not all on him. But what I have seen looks damn good, real damn good... He reads the whole field so fast, and can fire a bullet in a space even faster. It's so easy to get excited and want to hold back at the same time... he will be so much better 1-2 years from now, as will the rest of the team.

Which comes to Flores and Grier. I seriously like what they have done, where we are, and where they are taking us. The Minkah moment was a huge one for us - he has all the talent in the world and may well be an all-pro and more at the Steelers, but also a FIGJAM who did not buy into what Flores was building and wanted out. I reckon that's why we passed on McKinney (from the same College and system) and bought in Rowe - Flores did not want another Minkah and wanted a guy who did his job, no questions asked. It kind of sounds familiar, like what a future Hall of Fame divisional coach rival and former mentor would do?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 10:09:25 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 09:27:34 am »

Ogbah. Another sack, lots of pressure and two batted balls including a critical one in the 4th quarter,

HM to Ahmed and Needham. Needham had some really solid coverage on Keenan Allen a couple of times, including a pass knocked down, plus he had a great sack early on that helped set the tone. Needham looked bad at times last year, but when your 3rd corner can be effective against a true WR1 on those occasions where he winds up with the coverage, that's pretty impressive.

Agreed.  The secondary, as a whole, did a great job.  Up until that Keenan Allen TD with 2 min left, I think Allen and Williams had 2-3 catches apiece, which is pretty damn good considering the skill of those WRs

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 01:13:36 pm »

I think I gotta go with the Special Teams coach for that early score.

However, props to the running game this week.  We didn't have great average numbers, but we did move the chains a few times and it was more than just running to be able to pass.  Good work there.
Also, the D was good. 
And Tua.  Tua looks really good.  Got lucky a few times, but he also makes things happen and had some good patience.

And Flores.  I'm like 75% happy with him.  I like so much of what he's doing, but then his decision making is so old-school and conservative and outdated.  We're almost there. 

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 02:34:31 pm »

And Flores.  I'm like 75% happy with him.  I like so much of what he's doing, but then his decision making is so old-school and conservative and outdated.  We're almost there. 

He gets them prepared to play, seems good at adjustments and they have bought into what they are preaching, but his 4th and 1 calls are getting infuriating. Hopefully, our running game continues next week so in the future he actually goes for it. Sanders finally missed too so maybe that helps his decisions. With a guy like Tua, 4th and 1 opens up a lot of different play calls.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 03:53:44 pm »

With a guy like Tua, 4th and 1 opens up a lot of different play calls.

That is a good point and one that I hadn't thought much about.  He can do a lot of different things on a 4th and 1.  Teams can't just stack the middle anticipating a run between the Guards.  Tua could do a rollout kind of like the old college option play where he can keep it, flip it out to an RB or throw a pass.  And as soon as a defense spreads laterally to prepare for that, they can go right back to a sneak or handoff between the Guards. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2020, 04:00:37 pm »

That is a good point and one that I hadn't thought much about.  He can do a lot of different things on a 4th and 1.  Teams can't just stack the middle anticipating a run between the Guards.  Tua could do a rollout kind of like the old college option play where he can keep it, flip it out to an RB or throw a pass.  And as soon as a defense spreads laterally to prepare for that, they can go right back to a sneak or handoff between the Guards. 
Or a shovel pass that looks more like a basketball pass lol
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 04:33:42 pm »

Flores, once again.  He has brought a mediocre team to a 6-3 record, with three of their upcoming games the easiest on the schedule.  The offense has a rookie QB with three games under his belt, no real playmakers at RB or WR, and an OL with rookies, yet they are doing enough every week.  The defense, while it has some playmakers, is far from a stellar unit.  Special Teams is playing lights out.  This guy is the anti-Philbin.  Since the second half of last season he has completely changed the culture of this team, and if it continues players will soon want to come play in Miami for something other than money and the beach.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 05:52:48 pm »

Or a shovel pass that looks more like a basketball pass lol

Yeah, that was an odd one to Smythe(?). Really liked the play design, though.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray