Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:32:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins vs Chargers Prediction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins vs Chargers Prediction  (Read 1685 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 05:16:06 am »

Idiocy is the "new normal". 

Indeed it is. "Unwilling to accept reality" has really seen an uptick in recent years, but living in denial is apparently quite popular.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 03:53:53 pm »

These players are being held out not only to protect themselves, but to protect other players from getting infected.  It's crazy that anyone would be against this.

And once more: there is a range of outcomes that exist between "you survived" and "you died."  If working stiffs like you or me lose 10% of our lung capacity due to permanent damage from COVID, we'll be fine; if a linebacker loses 10% of his lung capacity, he'll be out of the league.

First off  ... I agree with separating anyone who has been exposed. The second thing, while not completely disagreeing, is blown way out of proportion. Many, many, college and pro athletes have had covid including the current NL MVP and the #1 player in the NFL draft next year. I've read reports of a couple of guys having longer term issues but most pro athletes are perfectly fine whether it was a bad case or mild.

With that said our defense will be weaker so I'd like to revise my prediction. Dolphins win 31-27.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2020, 05:02:12 pm »

Time to revisit those predictions. Wilkins and Van Noy are out for Sunday's game after being placed on the COVID list today.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-notebook-thursday-20201112-oslfex3k4fhepovf5uoq73omeq-story.html

Not sure why it's being reported as "possibly out" since the protocol requires 5 days of negative tests, which isn't doable by Sunday. The alternative would have been for the source to have been a false positive, but that wouldn't have taken long to check with an antibody test.

Discovered why today. Van Noy is activated for the game. He didn't have a positive test, he was contact traced and has passed all protocol to play.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2020, 04:44:21 am »

Discovered why today. Van Noy is activated for the game. He didn't have a positive test, he was contact traced and has passed all protocol to play.

Yeah, what I was missing was the distinction between a "close contact" and a "high risk, close contact". If you are the latter, you are stuck of for the full 5 days (or more, if you test positive yourself), but the former can come off earlier, although I wasn't able to find the specifics.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2020, 09:03:10 am »

This virus is deadly to the elderly and those with compromised immune systems, we do a disservice to them by pretending that Kyle Van Noy is in the same amount of danger as they are, or that he is in any danger whatsoever.
The protocols are in place to prevent the spread of the virus, not to protect Van Noy from harm.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray