Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:51:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Next three games are crucial
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Next three games are crucial  (Read 1142 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 16, 2020, 10:59:24 am »

I think Miami needs to win all three due to the brutal end of the season. 

I wonder what Flores' practice strategy will be.

Will he work them hard, or pull back an in attempt to keep them fresh. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 11:24:04 am »

I suppose that's one way to look at it, but don't discount playing good teams.  Yeah, they might be harder to win, but they directly give losses to teams your going against.  What good is a game against the Jets if the Bills are gonna win and be a game ahead of you anyway.

As good as we're playing, I still think it's an outside chance to make the playoffs.  The way that the divisions are set up are just brutal for us.  Our best bet is probably to catch the Bills, rather than get the wildcard. 

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 11:37:43 am »

How shitty would it be if we went 10-6 in a year with an expanded playoff format and still missed out due to tiebreakers?

I don't think it will get to that but it certainly wouldn't hurt to beat the Raiders when we play them. The Ravens have a tough two weeks ahead but then it's smooth sailing.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 11:42:23 am »

I suppose that's one way to look at it, but don't discount playing good teams.  Yeah, they might be harder to win, but they directly give losses to teams your going against.  What good is a game against the Jets if the Bills are gonna win and be a game ahead of you anyway.

As good as we're playing, I still think it's an outside chance to make the playoffs.  The way that the divisions are set up are just brutal for us.  Our best bet is probably to catch the Bills, rather than get the wildcard.  

We are currently the 6th seed if the playoffs started today.  Our next 3 games against the Broncos, Jets and Bengals likely will all be wins if we keep playing like we are.  That puts us at 9-3.  Unless the Dolphins lose to KC, the Patriots, the Raiders and the Bills, there is no way in hell we miss the playoffs.  We have the highest point differential in the league.  Tua looks like a star.  When are you guys going to get over the whole "my girlfriend hurt me so I can never love again" crap and get on board!  Train is leaving the station!  
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 11:46:47 am »

We have the highest point differential in the league. 

Highest in division, but 5th highest in the league.

Kansas City:  +103
Pittsburgh:    +100
Baltimore:     +79
Tampa Bay:  +70
Miami:          +69

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 11:54:48 am »

Highest in division, but 5th highest in the league.

Kansas City:  +103
Pittsburgh:    +100
Baltimore:     +79
Tampa Bay:  +70
Miami:          +69

Whoops, my bad.  Still pretty good though huh.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 12:25:08 pm »

The fact that this team is in the same conversation as Pittsburgh, KC, Baltimore and Tom Brady says something...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 12:44:24 pm »

We are currently the 6th seed if the playoffs started today.  Our next 3 games against the Broncos, Jets and Bengals likely will all be wins if we keep playing like we are.  That puts us at 9-3.  Unless the Dolphins lose to KC, the Patriots, the Raiders and the Bills, there is no way in hell we miss the playoffs.  We have the highest point differential in the league.  Tua looks like a star.  When are you guys going to get over the whole "my girlfriend hurt me so I can never love again" crap and get on board!  Train is leaving the station! 

I'm not counting the next three games as gimmies...you still have to win them.

It's not at all crazy to think that you end up 10-6 and miss the playoffs. 

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 04:43:23 pm »

There are currently a ton of teams with 6-3 records in the AFC, some of these will correct themselves when they play against each other.

The AFC East really could come down to the final game of the season, Dolphins vs Bills.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 05:07:31 pm »

We are currently the 6th seed if the playoffs started today.  

7th.  Although you have a better conf record than the Colts, the Colts win the division on head to head with Tenn.  All other 6-3 teams beat you on Conf record.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 05:54:45 pm »

7th.  Although you have a better conf record than the Colts, the Colts win the division on head to head with Tenn.  All other 6-3 teams beat you on Conf record.

Maybe we can get d4l to crunch the numbers and verify...
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 05:57:35 pm »

One game at a time D4L. It isn't like these teams are getting blown out every week. They are hungry for wins and will steal one if they can.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2020, 08:00:30 pm »

I know it is exciting to be thinking of the Dolphins in terms of the playoffs for the first time in a long time.  But we are barely halfway through the regular season so I'm not even going to start figuring out playoff implications of single games at this juncture.  Just keep winning. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2020, 07:52:48 am »

7th.  Although you have a better conf record than the Colts, the Colts win the division on head to head with Tenn.  All other 6-3 teams beat you on Conf record.
No, that's wrong.  We are 6th.

6. Dolphins (6-3) Owns tiebreaker over Titans and Ravens based on AFC record.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/17/nfl-playoff-picture-afc-nfc-standings-after-week-10/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 07:54:46 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2020, 09:47:25 am »

Leave it MGWAH to piss on the parade for playoffs LOL

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray