Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:40:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jordan Howard Released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jordan Howard Released  (Read 719 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« on: November 16, 2020, 08:15:41 pm »

In a move that should surprise nobody, the Fins released Jordan Howard today.   Honestly, I have no idea what kind of cap implications it has, but I'm glad to see that turd finally got flushed.  In all honesty, I thought it was a good signing at the time.  But eeesh. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 08:52:11 pm »

There was nothing wrong with signing him, but not for that contract. Unfortunately for them, running backs are a dime a dozen. Unless they are super elite like Henry, you don't pay a lot for them.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 01:30:42 am »

Not a big surprise, he's the least productive RB with the biggest contract.

Either he has lost a step, or he was just a bad fit for our offensive front which obviously favors the smaller, nimble, quicker guys to get through the small gaps. Most likely it's both.

Going in to this season with what is basically a brand new OL with some notable rookies, it took a few games to find out it just was not going to work with Howard. It's unfortunate, but that happens sometimes.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 09:45:15 am »

Not a big surprise, he's the least productive RB with the biggest contract.

Either he has lost a step, or he was just a bad fit for our offensive front which obviously favors the smaller, nimble, quicker guys to get through the small gaps. Most likely it's both.

Dude looked "thick" in those white Dolphins uni's.  Not sure if the Bears black uni's made him look slimmer, but I thought he looked chunky and he ran slow, relative to other RB's on the team.

Will always remember the 9yd up the gut run vs ARI to allow for Tua 1yd rush to seal that game.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 10:13:57 am »

Dude looked "thick" in those white Dolphins uni's.  Not sure if the Bears black uni's made him look slimmer, but I thought he looked chunky and he ran slow, relative to other RB's on the team.

Will always remember the 9yd up the gut run vs ARI to allow for Tua 1yd rush to seal that game.

Yeah, he was slow as shit. He looked like a goal line back, not an every down back. The stats back that up too. All jokes aside, how much worse could your average American do than 1.2 yards per carry?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 08:53:53 pm »

I won't be too hard on the Howard signing considering we've hit on a bunch of rookies and most other FA acquisitions this year. Chris Grier has been doing really well since he has started working with Flores.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 09:15:13 pm »

I won't be too hard on the Howard signing considering we've hit on a bunch of rookies and most other FA acquisitions this year. Chris Grier has been doing really well since he has started working with Flores.

Absolutely, so far this draft and free agent class looks really good. The Howard signing was just a mistake from Day 1 based on the contract, not signing him in general.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray