Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:19:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Joe Burrow May Be Done for the Year
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Joe Burrow May Be Done for the Year  (Read 1506 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: November 22, 2020, 03:21:02 pm »

Looks like a very serious leg injury and he was carted off the field. Maybe the team will actually try to field a competent O-Line in 2021, but it's the Bengals so why would they?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 01:41:50 pm »

Mike Greenburg brought something up today that I had forgotten. Mike Tannenbaum said he would take Herbert over Tua and that Herbert might even be better than Joe Burrow in the NFL. He said this before the draft.  Considering how bad he was in Miami it's amazing to me he could recognize any talent but he definitely recognized Herbert. Not that the other two won't be good too but Herbert looks like he will definitely surpass expectations from most people.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 02:05:52 pm »

^^^ I think it is way too early to sum up these three rookie QBs' careers.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 02:23:01 pm »

Agreed.  Remember how awesome RGIII was?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 02:56:59 pm »

Burrow tore his ACL and MCL. It's honestly surprising he didn't get hurt before this week because the Bengals O-Line is an abomination. You really are a worthless franchise if you draft Joe Burrow with the #1 pick and the following season you still pick in the Top 3.

Like how the NBA changed the lottery odds to punish teams that tank, the NFL shouldn't allow any team to draft in the Top 5 for more than 2 years straight.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 02:57:27 pm »

I don't disagree. It just makes me sick to my stomach that he is remotely correct. I really disliked him while he was here in Miami.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 03:36:26 pm »

Burrow tore his ACL and MCL. It's honestly surprising he didn't get hurt before this week because the Bengals O-Line is an abomination. You really are a worthless franchise if you draft Joe Burrow with the #1 pick and the following season you still pick in the Top 3.

Like how the NBA changed the lottery odds to punish teams that tank, the NFL shouldn't allow any team to draft in the Top 5 for more than 2 years straight.
The NFL isn't the NBA, if a team continues to suck they should keep their draft status
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 10:03:39 pm »

Two things here:

1.  Drafting top 3 may be a huge huge deal for the Bengals.   Because this draft is top heavy with OT's, the Bengals can draft a real stud at that position because the two teams above them will most likely need a QB.   Or they can trade down, pick up a slew of picks and still get a damned good OT. 

2.  I agree with you on the need for an NBA style lottery.  Tanking is a shame in any sport.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 11:46:13 pm »

Mike Greenburg brought something up today that I had forgotten. Mike Tannenbaum said he would take Herbert over Tua and that Herbert might even be better than Joe Burrow in the NFL. He said this before the draft.
He wasn't the only one. I was saying the same thing.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 01:14:23 am »

I don't remember a single person saying Herbert might be better than Burrow.  Not one.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 08:57:14 am »

I don't remember a single person saying Herbert might be better than Burrow.  Not one.

I think I remember one person on here saying that but it certainly wasn't the overwhelming opinion.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 09:59:50 am »

I don't remember a single person saying Herbert might be better than Burrow.  Not one.
I didn't say it, not here anyway, but I was thinking it. I did say I'd take Herbert over Tua though. If the Dolphins had the #1 pick, I would have chosen Burrow over Herbert, but I did consider that Herbert might even be better Burrow. Might. I considered Herbert and Burrow the 2 best QB's in the draft and not a lot of difference between them. I had Tua as the 3rd best QB but with some distance between him and the other 2.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 09:09:16 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2020, 06:03:20 pm »

I think I remember one person on here saying that but it certainly wasn't the overwhelming opinion.
I definitely didn't hear anyone say "CIN should take Herbert #1 overall."

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray