Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:18:30 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Broncos
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Broncos  (Read 2311 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 22, 2020, 07:27:22 pm »

Tua and Fitztragic today

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 07:33:43 pm »

Flores.  Everyone played like doo doo.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 07:44:26 pm »

Can I give it to my Supermarket?  They should have TVs with the games, so I don't have keep checking my phone

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DenverFinFan
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 11:09:11 pm »

Offensive line and without a doubt. Saying otherwise is crazy. Tua was rattled for sure but it’s the kids 4th full game. He didn’t have a chance to throw and we barely have a run game. Fix the O-Line or the rebuild will
Be worthless. Look at Tanny’s success right now, and he isnt nearly what Tua CAN be.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 11:09:58 pm »

And everyone on defense played their asses off. Sometimes it got sloppy but they tried I’m telling you guys.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 11:10:53 pm »

And everyone on defense played their asses off. Sometimes it got sloppy but they tried I’m telling you guys. The whole team fought for every yard, all game long. Hear those hits at mile high ( sorry corporate sponsor theme park )
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 06:18:13 am »

Steve Marshall, since the whole offensive line played like crap. Way too many costly penalties and zero ability to protect the quarterback. On the play that took out Tua, Denver showed and rushed 4 while the Dolphins kept in SIX to block. Yet, somehow, a simple stunt allows the DE to get to Tua untouched. With Fitz now at quarterback, the plays went like this: (#blockers on #rushing defenders)

1. 6 on 4 --> clean
2. 5 on 4 --> clean
3. 5 on 4 --> ball batted
4. 5 on 4 --> inside lineman gets in Fitz' face by running outside around his guy, almost interception.
5. 5 on 4 --> sack, Fitz caught from behind because the center never found his guy and manages to turn around looking the wrong way.
6. 5 on 4 --> clean
7. 5 on 4 --> Fitz hit from both sides right after releasing the ball.
8. 6 on 3 --> Fitz run with the helmet to helmet hit by the DE who dropped back two steps at the snap. Despite having 3 extra guys in, no one managed to get to the 2nd level and block on what sure looked like a designed qb keeper.
9. 5 on 4 --> blind side DE comes through unblocked, forcing Fitz to get rid of it (too) quickly.
10. 5 on 4 --> reasonably clean (pocket collapses as Fitz throws, but if he had wanted to wait, he probably could have stepped up.)
11. 6 on 6 --> RB blocked air, missed MLB blitz completely. Fortunately, Fitz got the ball out quickly.
12. 6 on 6 --> Nice blitz pickup. Sadly, two shallow crossers from our receivers. Gesicki might've have gone deeper, but without all-22, hard to say.
13. 5 on 4 --> Offensive holding. This one is on Fitz, though. He has zero confidence in the line and scrambles into trouble, then to one side, then the other. Had he just stayed put, the line would have looked stellar.
14. 5 on 4 --> Clean. (But a shallow crosser with the ball coming out immediately.)
15. 5 on 4 --> Left tackle bull-rushed right into Fitz, who luckily gets the lob off down the sideline to Parker.
16. 5 on 4 --> Clean. (And Fitz trusts it, but still a 4 yard hook is the target.)
17. 5 on 4 --> Uncalled massive hold by the center. Defender still gets right in Fitz' face.
18. 5 on 4 --> Clean. (And Fitz trust it, but target is a shallow crosser 1 yard beyond LoS.)
19. 5 on 5 --> Delayed blitz never really gets in, but pocket is reasonably clean until after Fitz throws the pick to end the game. Should have gone to Perry, but he didn't see the safety coming across (despite starting to switch sides before the snap).

These were passing downs. Everyone knew it. Offense and defense. The Broncos rushed 4 straight almost every time, yet the offensive line only managed to keep the pocket clean about half the time. If you can rush 4 and generate pressure every other play, that makes it tough to get any kind of consistent passing game going.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 06:22:38 am »

And everyone on defense played their asses off. Sometimes it got sloppy but they tried I’m telling you guys.

The defensive is incredibly boom or bust. Part of that is playing so much man coverage, but it extended to the run as well. Can't really fault them, but they do allow a boat-load of yards and if they don't get the turnovers, they are in real trouble. The line just doesn't get any kind of pressure up front when not doing the zero-blitz thing. It's nerve-wracking to watch, that's for sure.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 03:01:04 pm »

I think you really gotta look at O-Line play. 

We weren't able to run or pass effectively and Tua was sacked and hurried a lot.  We couldn't run to keep them honest, they blitzed a lot, they got pressure even without the blitz.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 06:03:48 pm »

Tua, he didn't get it done.  I know he's a rookie and it's only his fourth game, BUT he was the weak link and most deserving of SotG.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray