Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:18:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Playoff thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Playoff thread  (Read 15239 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2020, 04:41:00 pm »

Too much football to be played for me to even be thinking about what has to happen for the Fins to get in the playoffs at this point.  Just keep winning.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2020, 07:12:21 pm »

I have to comply reverse course on the playoffs.  I forgot (didn’t know) that there’s an extra playoff team.  Mea culpa on that.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2020, 07:18:09 pm »

I have to comply reverse course on the playoffs.  I forgot (didn’t know) that there’s an extra playoff team.  Mea culpa on that.

Works for us this year but in general I hate it. Soon half the league will make the playoffs, plus it diminishes the #2 seed, practically guaranteeing the #1 seed goes to the Superbowl.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2020, 07:25:56 pm »

Works for us this year but in general I hate it. Soon half the league will make the playoffs, plus it diminishes the #2 seed, practically guaranteeing the #1 seed goes to the Superbowl.

Agreed.  It is a sign of the times.  All aspects of society (sports included) keep lowering the bar of "excellence" and now even mediocrity is celebrated.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2020, 07:28:27 pm »

Agreed.  It is a sign of the times.  All aspects of society (sports included) keep lowering the bar of "excellence" and now even mediocrity is celebrated.

This was supposed to be due to the pandemic and all that, but no way they stop doing it going forward. Owners love that extra revenue from having more playoff games. Sadly, I fear that MLB will also taint their playoff system going forward with whatever the hell joke this year was.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2020, 09:44:01 pm »

CLE 8-3

IND 7-4

MIA 7-4

BAL 6-4

LV 6-5

NE 5-6

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2020, 09:55:25 pm »

No offense, no defense. -21 point differential. Are the Browns the worst 8-3 team ever?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2020, 11:32:17 am »

I totally disagree and think it will make for better teams.

As is, there are too many divisions, so you let garbage teams in to advance.  With an extra slot, you'll get a better average in quality and less protection for the last seed.  Also, you're not giving bye weeks to as many teams.  I think this is a huge positive.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2020, 11:55:48 am »

I totally disagree and think it will make for better teams.

As is, there are too many divisions, so you let garbage teams in to advance.  With an extra slot, you'll get a better average in quality and less protection for the last seed.  Also, you're not giving bye weeks to as many teams.  I think this is a huge positive.

I get what you are saying and you make a couple of good points, but I still don't like the overall result of making the playoffs less of an accomplishment. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2020, 10:11:38 pm »

Oakland will likely beat the Jets

We want Houston to win against the Colts

We want LAC to win against the Patriots

We want Dallas to defeat Baltimore

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2020, 07:32:19 am »

^^ I would rather have the draft capital from Houston losing then depend on the Colts to lose.  The Dolphins are in the drivers seat, if they can't win enough to get in the playoffs, they shouldn't be there anyway.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2020, 08:11:12 am »

^^ I would rather have the draft capital from Houston losing then depend on the Colts to lose.  The Dolphins are in the drivers seat, if they can't win enough to get in the playoffs, they shouldn't be there anyway.

Exactly.  If you don't win enough games to be in the playoffs you shouldn't be in the playoffs.  I want to bang the prom queen because she wants me to bang her.  I don't want a pity F.  lol
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2020, 08:58:59 am »

Agreed, I want Indy to beat them twice. If we can't get 3 wins in the last 5 games, one against the Burrowless Bengals then we deserve to stay home.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2020, 09:26:52 am »

I want to bang the prom queen because she wants me to bang her.  I don't want a pity F.  lol  

I... I... I... Aw, never mind

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2020, 09:53:34 am »

I... I... I... Aw, never mind

LOL!!  C'mon, man.  I give you a set up like that and you just pass it by?    Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray