Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:46:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Bengals
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Bengals  (Read 1912 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 06, 2020, 07:03:18 pm »

The entire choking Jets team

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 07:21:06 am »

Grant.  That bomb Tua put right on his hands and he dropped, yikes.  Also, the two punts he got lit up on, he should have called fair catch.  Regardless, you can't light up a guy like that and ejections be damned, I'm glad our team got fired up and cleared the bench.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 07:31:04 am »

^ The Jets can't be the SotG for the Bengals game. No, even the stinkin' J-E-T-S can't get SotG in a game they weren't part of.

Like the Game Ball, this one is hard. The players make bad plays were generally the same players making great plays.

There are some reports that Parker punched a Bengals' coach, in which case I'd have to give the SotG to him, but I've rewatched the replay from the aerial shot in slomo a dozen times and while Parker throws a bunch of punches at a Bengals' player, the only coaches nearby aren't that close: One pulls the Bengals' player away, the other picks up a clipboard. Neither got hit and Parker didn't seem involved in anything else.

If I could give the SotG to the Bengals' gunner for the double dirty hits on Grant, I would.

On our own team, no one single player really stands out and giving it to a coach in a winning effort like this would be unreasonable. My best effort is Parker (ejected), Grant (dropped bomb, not waving fair catch), and Hollins (ejected) can share it. It's not exactly the biggest SotG, though.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 12:32:48 pm »

I choose whoever is responsible for not checking in on our trick FG play that would've resulted in a TD.  I've never played organized football so I don't know if that fall on an overcomplicated-play for a simple situation, a coach that's supposed to tell which players to report, or the player for forgetting to do so.

But either way, it's a stupid way not to get 1 friggin' yard.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 02:39:27 pm »

^ The players have to do that themselves. Both are rookies, both failed. That points somewhat to coaching, but it's also just something so rare, plus it was a special teams play, yeah, not good, but also kind of understandable.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray