Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:41:07 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Chiefs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Chiefs  (Read 4112 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 13, 2020, 04:03:35 pm »

The coaching for sure.  Stupid defensive strategy on the Chiefs drive at the end.  Not going for two

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 04:33:16 pm »

Jakeem Grant is quickly becoming my least favorite player.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 05:41:56 pm »

On the Chiefs last drive, why were the DBs so far off the receivers? 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 05:50:21 pm »

I wasn't thrilled with the decision not to go for two at 30-16, but my gut feeling was that it probably wasn't a big shift in win probability. And considering I had zero confidence in our ability to convert (no run game, annoying habit of throwing end zone fades), it wasn't something to dwell on. Looking up the odds, the decision to kick was actually slightly better than going for two according to five-thirty-eight's model. *shrug*

My SotG award goes to Grant. He wasn't the only one by far to drop a pass, but he keeps doing it on long balls. He needs to high point that sucker and come down with the ball. Can't just let it hit you.

What's the deal with the drops when Tua is back there? Is it s coincidence or does the timing really change that much? You'd think weeks of practice would be sufficient to dial things in.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 10:25:56 am »

Grant has always been hit or miss. Unfortunately lately he's been a lot of miss.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 11:16:44 am »

Jakeem Grant

He is not a WR, he is a special teams player and he can probably do end arounds when need be but he is not a WR.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 09:38:05 am »

I am so frustrated by dropped passes.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 10:52:36 am »

I am so frustrated by dropped passes.

I think I'm less angry at fumbles than dropped passes. To me, catching the ball is the easy part. The hard part is getting open and running with it afterwards and avoiding tackles.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 10:58:04 am »

Maybe I just have a soft spot for Tua, but a young QB needs all the help you can give him.  When he makes things happen to hit a guy in the hands and it just goes nowhere, it's such a buzzkill.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 11:44:40 am »

Maybe I just have a soft spot for Tua, but a young QB needs all the help you can give him.  When he makes things happen to hit a guy in the hands and it just goes nowhere, it's such a buzzkill.
His receivers have really let him down.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 12:00:08 pm »

His receivers have really let him down.

Aside from a few great catches by Gesicki, agreed. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's a different throwing style from Fitz so there might have been some adjustment but it's been months now. The problem is the receivers. Thank God for that sweet Texans pick, gonna net us a wide receiver to go with Parker and Preston can be a 3 or 4 for whenever he is on the field.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 12:10:37 pm »

Aside from a few great catches by Gesicki, agreed. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's a different throwing style from Fitz so there might have been some adjustment but it's been months now. The problem is the receivers. Thank God for that sweet Texans pick, gonna net us a wide receiver to go with Parker and Preston can be a 3 or 4 for whenever he is on the field.

Here's hoping that Texans pick is either Penei Sewell, Micah Parsons or Ja'Marr Chase
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 12:26:16 pm »

Here's hoping that Texans pick is either Penei Sewell, Micah Parsons or Ja'Marr Chase

The Top 3 picks are basically set in stone now that Burrow is done for the year, so the first two picks will be QBs, leaving the Bengals to get the best OT available and that would be Sewell. As of right now, anything past that is constantly shuffling between teams and needs. I hope the pick is high enough for us to get Chase but I would take the next best WR if it isn't as long as it isn't a 10 pick reach.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 12:37:11 pm »

Love the idea of Sewell anchoring Miami's O-line, but I just don't see any chance at all of him sliding out of the top-5. Definitely worth lighting a big fucking candle for though...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 12:59:10 pm »

One extra thing about dropped passes - they matter more to us.

The Chiefs (and all teams, really) are going to throw the defense right at Tua.  You have to pass your way out of the blitz and make them pay for coming after you.  So, for Tua to do that and there is no price to be paid -- it just raises the price on his head.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray