Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:15:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  ‘He’s a card dealer under center’ : Tua impresses coaches
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ‘He’s a card dealer under center’ : Tua impresses coaches  (Read 1492 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: December 15, 2020, 05:33:57 pm »

Nice article by Safeed Deen with quotes from several coaches. I think it's safe to say we've drafted our best QB since Marino. How well it comes to fruition is yet to be seen but he is definitely capable of doing well in this league.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-assistants-tuesday-20201215-oztdy62wzrh77pm6rml6nhcpay-story.html
Gailey said ... “He saw things that you can’t simulate in practice at that speed and handled it well. That was encouraging from our standpoint to know that he’s seeing and understanding where to go with the ball and making plays when they’re bringing all that pressure.

“That’s not an easy thing to do for a young quarterback. I think that was a real positive for him. They turned up the pressure, and he handled it.”

Unfortunately this could be a big issue Tua moving forward. We re-signed Isaiah Ford on Monday but I do not know if he has a covid waiting period before he can play.

For the final three games, the Dolphins hope to get off to a faster start offensively, while players such as receivers Lynn Bowden Jr., Malcolm Perry and Mack Hollins, running back DeAndre Washington and tight ends Durham Smythe and Adam Shaheen also step into greater roles

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 06:44:25 pm »

^ The NFL requires a 6-day period with at least 5 days of negative covid tests (testing on the first day was made optional mid October, but the player has to arrive in the host city). It's unclear to me when on the sixth day (which would be Saturday) a new player can participate - whether it's with a negative POC test (rapid testing) or what.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1317213014903455745

The rules are, for some inexplicable reason, the same regardless of whether the player came directly from a COVID testing program at another club or not.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 08:25:06 am »

We're going to have to get creative if we are this short at receiver. Not saying bring back the Wildcat but something to make up for this.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 11:04:26 am »

They said this morning that Parker might play but will be limited. I have to wonder if he will basically be a decoy for BB to worry about.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 11:16:08 am »

^ The NFL requires a 6-day period with at least 5 days of negative covid tests (testing on the first day was made optional mid October, but the player has to arrive in the host city). It's unclear to me when on the sixth day (which would be Saturday) a new player can participate - whether it's with a negative POC test (rapid testing) or what.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1317213014903455745

The rules are, for some inexplicable reason, the same regardless of whether the player came directly from a COVID testing program at another club or not.
Omar Kelly posted this today so it looks like they will probably be playing him. He's had his moments so hopefully he can do this weekend too.

Ford had to sit out last week’s practices because he needed to pass five COVID-19 tests before entering the facility, which is standard this year. His signing became official on Monday, accompanied by the release of tailback Elijah McGuire and receiver Andre Patton, and his presence will surely help Miami’s injury-decimated receiver unit.

Ford’s return should help ease the burden placed on the young receivers, and special teams standouts like Hollins because he knows all three receiver spots, and has extensive experience from the past three seasons.

“Working with ‘Zay’ (Isaiah Ford) [is good because of] the respect that I have for him. He always works incredibly hard when he’s here,” receiver coach Josh Grizzard said when discussing Ford’s return on Monday. “It’s good to have him back around.”

Ford caught 18 passes for 184 yards in seven games he played for Miami this season. He never played for New England before being released.

I had to look it up but he had 76 yards against Buffalo and almost 50 against Seattle.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 11:19:57 am by CF DolFan » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 11:35:12 am »

Terrible that we have to say this, but it's a big boost for us that Ford can play this Sunday.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 12:39:27 pm »

They said this morning that Parker might play but will be limited. I have to wonder if he will basically be a decoy for BB to worry about.

Parker and Grant both practiced on a limited basis today, so that's a step in the right direction.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 03:29:37 pm »

Gesicki actually had a limited practice today which is insane since he dislocated his shoulder. Unlikely he plays Sunday but it wouldn't be a miracle either. Parker and Grant also practiced on a limited basis again today.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2020, 11:53:21 am »

Turns out they were all a decoy as none of them are playing today. Gesicki, Parker and Grant are inactive for today’s game.

Garrett

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 08:13:21 pm »

The Dolphins have drafted their best QB since Marino??? I think Tua has potential. And I hope he becomes great. But right now, he's a mediocre QB, but Ryan Tannehill is one of the best in the league.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2020, 08:24:20 pm »

The Dolphins have drafted their best QB since Marino??? I think Tua has potential. And I hope he becomes great. But right now, he's a mediocre QB, but Ryan Tannehill is one of the best in the league.

He's shown enough to have confidence in him. Barely has had a running game or healthy receivers. I'm glad for Tanny's success but when you have a running back go for 1500-2000 yards a year, it opens up the passing game.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray