Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:15:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Commish to MLB: prepare for full season
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Commish to MLB: prepare for full season  (Read 1538 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: January 12, 2021, 08:44:30 am »

MLB is hoping to get in a full season.  Think they can pull it off?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2926485-rob-manfred-reportedly-told-teams-to-prepare-for-162-game-season-in-2021

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 09:15:33 am »

No, I anticipate that once the US policy regarding the pandemic is being ran by health professionals MLB will be delayed until the vaccine is sufficiently rolled out.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 09:29:22 am »

There will be some hiccups...instances where flare-ups cause games to be postponed, but yes, I think MLB can pull it off. Nowhere near the amount of contact that the NFL-NBA-NHL have, so I think it will have fewer issues overall.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 09:37:56 am »

There are too many unforeseen things (level and severity of COVID in 2021 in the US) for me to put forth anything other than a guess.  But I think that other sports are going to utilize the NFL full season as proof that they can do it.  Not to mention that a shortened season majorly disrupts revenue for the teams and as with pretty much everything in life, money is the driving force. 
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 06:16:01 pm »

There will be some hiccups...instances where flare-ups cause games to be postponed, but yes, I think MLB can pull it off. Nowhere near the amount of contact that the NFL-NBA-NHL have, so I think it will have fewer issues overall.

The thing about the MLB though is that they have so much travel, for so many games.  I could see them adjusting the schedule to cut down on travel; for instance instead of the Yankees going to Baltimore for three games, they play six games at one stop.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray