Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2021, 10:18:06 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Blue Jays getting a new Ball Park
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Blue Jays getting a new Ball Park  (Read 595 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: December 20, 2020, 07:56:55 pm »

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/rogers-centre-demolished-new-stadium-for-blue-jays/1webiulfvt92k1o0ohyuy43ptm

Not sure what i think of this, Sadly as a fan, I have never been to the rogers centre but i always wanted to. so i don't know what the stadium was like, if it was a good ballpark or bad. Only that my favorite team plays there.

So if anyone has been there, is it a good decision for the jays to look into building a new stadium.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 08:20:47 pm »

It's still a very nice stadium because it was state of the art at the time. Hotels, restaurants, retractable roof. The teams have just been bad.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 09:45:26 am »

As someone who spent a lot of time there, it's not a great venue.  They have constantly put a lot of time and money into it, trying to make this stadium seem "up with the times."  I know the guys hated playing on the surface back in the early 2000's, it took the powers that be forever to get rid of the astroturf and replace it with the current field turf.  Walking on it felt like cement, I can't imagine playing on it.  The visitor club house was maybe on par with Fenway, and that's pretty bad.  Fenway dates back to 4th century, once hosting original gladiator games.  So to compete with our old visitor clubhouse wasn't cool.

The AL East always had two kind of weird domes, Toronto and Tampa.  Toronto was better for general field of play due to the catwalk situation, however the fan experience was a little better in Tampa.  It is just more modern and not so -- huge?  You walk in the place and just feel like it's massive, hard to explain.  

I've never given a ton of thought to Skydome, not like other cities (there are cities I hated to travel to).  It was "fine."  But now that I am actively thinking about it, sure.  It's old, out dated, and I can see where players would definitely benefit from something not built in (I think) '89.  The fans will love the "new" experience," if the stadium is done right.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 06:21:45 pm »

^^^ I've never been to see the Rays play at Tropicana Field, but when I watched it on TV it just reminded me of going to the Expos play at Olympic Stadium.  It was like a baseball stadium was dropped in a huge warehouse, not great for watching a game.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray